Week 15 General Discussion

Broncofan

Just now, Xenos said:

It was the right decision. People like to second guess when it doesn’t work out. 

But this isn’t going for 2 with double zeroes on the clock, even if it did workout GB has 45 seconds and 1 time out to get a FG. The point of the last second 2 point play is literally that - it’s the last second. One play, auto win vs auto loss, 50/50 shot.

This wasn’t auto win vs auto loss, it was maybe win vs auto loss, which makes it a stupid call.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

But this isn’t going for 2 with double zeroes on the clock, even if it did workout GB has 45 seconds and 1 time out to get a FG. The point of the last second 2 point play is literally that - it’s the last second. One play, auto win vs auto loss, 50/50 shot.

This wasn’t auto win vs auto loss, it was maybe win vs auto loss, which makes it a stupid call.

The fault in your logic is that you are assuming that GB wouldn't try for a FG with 45 seconds and 1 TO just because they were tied instead of down 1.

Shorten the game and add a high leverage play when you are wildly undermanned. Good call by Harbs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I would agree but that secondary was full of homeless people. You go up 1 and Crosby possibly misses.

Going into overtime is the last thing you want

• Like 1

Just now, wackywabbit said:

The fault in your logic is that you are assuming that GB wouldn't try for a FG with 45 seconds and 1 TO just because they were tied instead of down 1.

Shorten the game and add a high leverage play when you are wildly undermanned. Good call by Harbs.

No I’m not, I’m assuming they’ll try it either way, and have the same chance of succeeding either way, so why take pressure off them by risking the autoloss?

21 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I guess I can just imagine like a dozen different kinds of plays there that would work against a packers defense. Delay handoff up the gut. traditional dropback, scan the field, find the DB who effed up. D lineman beeline inside for the sack, lose contain, QB takes off and scores. I mean so many options.

What do you think your offense would be more successful with?

I think it would have been more successful making the Packers defend the whole field. However, after seeing the dots, Huntley clearly missed a wide open Hollywood Brown so...idk another example of this team failing to execute when it matters. Getting really old.