Week 15 General Discussion

Broncofan

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think it would have been more successful making the Packers defend the whole field. However, after seeing the dots, Huntley clearly missed a wide open Hollywood Brown so...idk another example of this team failing to execute when it matters. Getting really old.

The whole discussion of like, analytics and percentages is tough because on one hand, you see a play design on the field and it's easy to say "Well don't blame the coaches. If the players just executed it would've worked." But of course that's the case. That's the case for probably 99% of plays on the field. When a coach is making a decision, somewhere in the calculus there has to be a sense of "okay, if my guys execute this, it'll work...but WILL they?" Was the coaching staff putting the players who were available into the best position to succeed in that given situation? It's a tough call, and I don't know the answer.

• Like 1

Just now, DannyB said:

The whole discussion of like, analytics and percentages is tough because on one hand, you see a play design on the field and it's easy to say "Well don't blame the coaches. If the players just executed it would've worked." But of course that's the case. That's the case for probably 99% of plays on the field. When a coach is making a decision, somewhere in the calculus there has to be a sense of "okay, if my guys execute this, it'll work...but WILL they?" Was the coaching staff putting the players who were available into the best position to succeed in that given situation? It's a tough call, and I don't know the answer.

Idk man this play was a simple 2-read play. Huntley locked onto Andrews and didn't even consider his second option.

"Kto skazal 'A'..." - Russian saying, "Once you've said 'A'...[you must say 'B']."

Down by 14, if you want to go for two you must do so with the first TD, since it allows you to do it again with the second if you fail, taking the game into overtime.

Once you've decided to not go for it after the first TD you've decided not to so after the second TD as well.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Idk man this play was a simple 2-read play. Huntley locked onto Andrews and didn't even consider his second option.

So maybe he effed up. But again, somewhere in the calculation you have to allow that perhaps this really young, extremely inexperienced QB will just default to the guy who he has had the most success with all day, no matter how much you try to beat into his head "you have options, make the read". Again, I'm not saying it was the wrong choice. You could maybe go through every permutation imaginable, Dr. Strange in Infinity War style, and determine this was your highest chance for success. But somewhere baked into that wager, there has to be the thought of "young inexperienced QB may eff the entire point of the play up".

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Brown was wide open in the back of the end zone running to the play side.  would have been an easy TD if Huntley saw him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

So maybe he effed up. But again, somewhere in the calculation you have to allow that perhaps this really young, extremely inexperienced QB will just default to the guy who he has had the most success with all day, no matter how much you try to beat into his head "you have options, make the read". Again, I'm not saying it was the wrong choice. You could maybe go through every permutation imaginable, Dr. Strange in Infinity War style, and determine this was your highest chance for success. But somewhere baked into that wager, there has to be the thought of "young inexperienced QB may eff the entire point of the play up".

I mean this lack of execution has been happening long before Huntley was playing