Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:
2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Just don’t do it detroit.  Just no.  Even from a divisional rival, don’t.

Meh, Nagy flamed out as a HC but he was a pretty highly viewed offensive mind. Some guys just aren’t made out to be a HC. Taking all those responsibilities away and focusing on one thing will probably help.

How many times are we going to see coord. that sucks at being a HC but is fine as a coordinator before we realize as fans - that can be true. You can be a crap HC and not a crap OC. 

• Like 3

The McVay coaching tree continues to grow. It'll be interesting to see who O'Connell's replacement is. Could see them promoting Thomas Brown. Could also see them going outside the organization. I wonder if Jay Gruden or Greg Olson ends up with the job.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The McVay coaching tree continues to grow. It'll be interesting to see who O'Connell's replacement is. Could see them promoting Thomas Brown. Could also see them going outside the organization. I wonder if Jay Gruden or Greg Olson ends up with the job.

What is MN getting if they go that route? Not really a fan of going with the McVay assistant route.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

What is MN getting if they go that route? Not really a fan of going with the McVay assistant route.

Well, all his former assistants had winning records this year. And one is in the Super Bowl facing him lol. It's hard to say what O'Connell is because McVay calls the offense. However, McVay blocked Staley from taking KOC last year, so it's clear he thinks highly of him. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Well, all his former assistants had winning records this year. And one is in the Super Bowl facing him lol. It's hard to say what O'Connell is because McVay calls the offense. However, McVay blocked Staley from taking KOC last year, so it's clear he thinks highly of him. 

Let’s not forget who they have for QBs. whoever takes over in MN won’t have the luxury of having an elite QB or a top 5 pick to get one. They have Cousins who is a fringe top 10 QB set to make $45 million this year. You either have to trade him or extend him. But if you keep him, you’re basically in QB purgatory without the draft resources to get a true franchise guy. I struggle thinking that KOC will elevate Cousins in some way. The Vikes defense is the biggest issue after all.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Let’s not forget who they have for QBs. whoever takes over in MN won’t have the luxury of having an elite QB or a top 5 pick to get one. They have Cousins who is a fringe top 10 QB set to make $45 million this year. You either have to trade him or extend him. But if you keep him, you’re basically in QB purgatory without the draft resources to get a true franchise guy. I struggle thinking that KOC will elevate Cousins in some way. The Vikes defense is the biggest issue after all.

You can trade him. I have a solution for you 

Jimmy Garoppolo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Y'all were 8-9. Things aren't that bad lol.

32 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Think Yarber has a chance? Would love to keep them both. And it would be nice to go through just one off season without losing a couple coaches because Evero is looking like he'll head to Denver to be DC.

56 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Still salty about that block 😆

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1