Raiders S Johnathan Abram out for season with shoulder injury

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Our coverage just improved. 

He actually looked good in coverage at box LB. If you play him as a LB, like the falcons did with Neal or Washington did with Collins, you’ll get a lot of production from him.

He might have been our best defensive player yesterday and I’ll be the first to criticize him at deep safety.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He actually looked good in coverage at box LB. If you play him as a LB, like the falcons did with Neal or Washington did with Collins, you’ll get a lot of production from him.

He's run stop ability is a big reason why the Raiders won the game

• Like 4

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

He's run stop ability is a big reason why the Raiders won the game

This. I’d like to see Abram bulk up to 215-220 lbs. and move to LB full time. He has great sideline to sideline speed, aggression, and a nose for the ball. He’s just miscast playing in the secondary. 

• Like 1

Just now, jpaulthe1st said:

This. I’d like to see Abram bulk up to 215-220 lbs. and move to LB full time. He has great sideline to sideline speed, aggression, and a nose for the ball. He’s just miscast playing in the secondary. 

He already looks like it. He has no problem getting off blocks at his current size. And he's sideline to sideline for sure. Him, deablo, and perryman is a pretty decent 3 IMO. Need to get a real SS and beef up at DT.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

He’s one of the favorite whipping boys around here (along with Andre James, Zay Jones, Dallin Leavitt, and Corey Littlon) but I like him as a physical tone setter and want to keep him around as a Raider (but not at Safety). 

I think most quite like Abram but agree he is not a traditional Safety - Moehrig (as an example) has been much more impactful as a Safety, but Abram's ability to get off blocks and hit is pretty impressive.

30 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He already looks like it. He has no problem getting off blocks at his current size. And he's sideline to sideline for sure. Him, deablo, and perryman is a pretty decent 3 IMO. Need to get a real SS and beef up at DT.

Maybe Tyree Gillespie paired with Moehrig? Every other defensive draftee is having an impact of some level so far. I think Tyree could play in the box or the post.