Raiders S Johnathan Abram out for season with shoulder injury

RaidersAreOne

I knew it was the shoulder when I saw him coming off the field. He's still a complete liability in deep coverage. But as a LB, he can impact the game. 

I'm impressed with how he's taken to coaching. He was a mess his first 2 years. Played reckless and out of control. Talked all the time and did nothing to back it up. He's settled down and is playing his best ball. 

Still hasn't earned a 5th year option though. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I knew it was the shoulder when I saw him coming off the field. He's still a complete liability in deep coverage. But as a LB, he can impact the game. 

I'm impressed with how he's taken to coaching. He was a mess his first 2 years. Played reckless and out of control. Talked all the time and did nothing to back it up. He's settled down and is playing his best ball. 

100%. He looks fast, physical, gets off blocks. He's really good on run blitzes too. Plus he definitely is a good locker room guy. Plays hard. Cares. Etc. Etc.

Yeah hasn't earned a 5th year, but I'd like to keep him around for some time if he doesn't ask for big money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

Maybe Tyree Gillespie paired with Moehrig? Every other defensive draftee is having an impact of some level so far. I think Tyree could play in the box or the post. 

Maybe. It's too early to tell. He could be a stud or a dud. Should bring in another safety in the offseason. Like marcus maye/ marcus williams/quandre diggs/etc. We have cap and that's where we should spend for an impact defender.

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Most targeted safety in the league and has given up the most receptions among safeties. 

I, too, would move him to LB, but I don't think he'd actually be a big upgrade to our LB corps (not as a starter, that is). He could conceivably outplay Littleton, but Littleton is more useless than **** on a boar in the first place. 

Abram is, honestly, probably best suited for a very specific role that tailors to his strengths....the problem is, the rest of the D isn't talented enough to justify him getting that level of tailoring. We need viable starters on D, not gadget guys. 

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’d like to see him play cb esp man where he can use his physicality 

safety is too much responsibility and I don’t think he’s big enough to be a lb especially guarding te’s

Ooh man I don’t know I about that. Is he fluid enough ? Downhill thumper playing Corner isn’t that an oxymoron relative to football 

modern day LBs are his size. Just look at Neal on the Cowboys. Abram is able to shed blocks and is what? 215/220.. maybe he could add a little more bulk play LB full time 

LBS 2022 

OLB- Littleton- Deablo- littleton is back due to injury, Deablo takes his job in 2022 

MLB- Perryman/White - have to bring Perryman back, White could be solid depth and special teamer 

OLB- Abram, Morrow/Wright- more speed. when teams play us, we will be fast and physical. We bring back Wright or Morrow which ever takes a team friendly deal to be depth 

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll echo the notion of moving him to LB full-time. I wish we weren't stuck with Littleton because a Deablo/Perryman/Abram LB core is super fun, fast and physical.

I keep saying it but do not be surprised if we cut him.  $14 million if we cut him but $26 million if we keep him for 1 year.  If you can find a better LB for under $12  million you do it.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I keep saying it but do not be surprised if we cut him.  $14 million if we cut him but $26 million if we keep him for 1 year.  If you can find a better LB for under $12  million you do it.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ixsku5bqtcnklbpsjl

Man that contract sucks, not to mention we moved money around to make it even ****tier now haha. I was suuuuuch a fan of the signing but damn has he stunk it up as a Raider.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Personally feel like Littleton is my least favorite player on the team(Abram was my least favorite last year)

Leatherwood is trending that way for me. Nothing against the kid but I was LIVID at the draft and his brutal play, needing to move him inside after no time and the fact he's a penalty magnet piss me off to no end.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Leatherwood is trending that way for me. Nothing against the kid but I was LIVID at the draft and his brutal play, needing to move him inside after no time and the fact he's a penalty magnet piss me off to no end.

I feel that. But I give Leatherwood a little bit more grace because he's a rookie. It is annoying when we get a 15 yard run and then he hold though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Ooh man I don’t know I about that. Is he fluid enough ? Downhill thumper playing Corner isn’t that an oxymoron relative to football 

He actually plays well vs wrs and has deep speed. He made a great play on a slant route guarding a wr on the outside vs cle.