RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • Damn Dirty Donkeys
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Second half I thought they were good, there seemed to be a few holes though credit to Jacobs too, a couple times he bounced outside when needed. I thought James played pretty well again. Parker was poor again though I thought. It's always hard to judge an OL immediately after the match for me as I don't specifically watch them on a play by play basis, be interested to hear what others thought ..........

exactly, I always follow the ball when I watch (like most people lol). James is stud, Raiders got that one right. I think we have 3 longterm starters in Miller, James, and Leatherwood. Need to be aggressive to get those 2 other starters 

Edited by Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He hit the holes and was decisive. His footwork was just dazzling. If he plays like this every week, he’ll be a long term guy here.

He manned tf up vs a very good bronco defense that was stacking the box. That drive that lead to the barber td was beautiful to watch. Just took small bites out of the Broncos heart until it was nothing left. He’s gotta hold on to that dam ball tho 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Josh Jacobs has his first 100 yard game since Nov 15, 2020, against a fairly league average run D and team with a backup QB nobody believes in and a lame duck HC, and all of a sudden he's a feature back primed to carry us into the playoffs? 

Y'all crack me up sometimes. 

Weren’t they like ninth against the run heading into the game though.

(by the way I think what Josh Jacobs did yesterday was a mirage personally. He ran with the same kind of indecisiveness but for some reason it worked in the second half)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Weren’t they like ninth against the run heading into the game though.

(by the way I think what Josh Jacobs did yesterday was a mirage personally. He ran with the same kind of indecisiveness but for some reason it worked in the second half)

They very well could have been. 

Here's my thing though: we had a good game, not a dominating run game, and Denver's run D is currently sitting at like 13. 

I try not to get too excited about those particular stats until the end of the year. Then you can see where they land, what's the context (ie: New England beat Buffalo with 19 passing yards- no offense to Buffalo, as they have a very good D, but they ain't that level of good.), what's the overall parity (ie: Rush D 1 gives up 70.0 yards per game, what if Rush D 32, the bottom of the barrel, gives up 73.1? They're both actually really good at stopping the run, but one will still be ranked last in Run D.). There's always a team at some point in the season that has a top 5-10 statistical unit that really isn't, and winds up well below that once all is said and done. 

Denver, to me, has looked ok on D, but not great. They may have come into the game ranked 9th, but if someone had asked me who the top 10 Run D's were, I wouldn't have listed them. 

Sort of like how we still somehow have a top 5 passing offense....lol (side note: HOW???). 

Edited by ronjon1990

24 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

They very well could have been. 

Here's my thing though: we had a good game, not a dominating run game, and Denver's run D is currently sitting at like 13. 

I try not to get too excited about those particular stats until the end of the year. Then you can see where they land, what's the context (ie: New England beat Buffalo with 19 passing yards- no offense to Buffalo, as they have a very good D, but they ain't that level of good.), what's the overall parity (ie: Rush D 1 gives up 70.0 yards per game, what if Rush D 32, the bottom of the barrel, gives up 73.1? They're both actually really good at stopping the run, but one will still be ranked last in Run D.). There's always a team at some point in the season that has a top 5-10 statistical unit that really isn't, and winds up well below that once all is said and done. 

Denver, to me, has looked ok on D, but not great. They may have come into the game ranked 9th, but if someone had asked me who the top 10 Run D's were, I wouldn't have listed them. 

Sort of like how we still somehow have a top 5 passing offense....lol (side note: HOW???). 

Yeah I see what you're saying but at the same time it's week 16 so it's not like it's the first six weeks of the season when the Broncos were exactly playing scrubs. They've shut down some good offenses that were healthy.

The reality is if we play the exact same game we played yesterday against the Colts we're probably going to get blown out. We're not gonna beat the Colts scoring less than 21 points. Bottom line. Their run game is too good for that.

Edited by Jeremy408