Week 16 GDT - Battle of the Holiday Hangovers

Sugashane

Oh man, ANOTHER one of these?

Bears 17-14

THey're keeping Nagy and Pace until the end guys. George is the guy who drives up to the toll plaza, sees a line with 10 cars and one with 2 cars, and assumes somethings wrong with the 2 car line, or doesn't want to look pushy. He'd nervously step around $20 on the sidewalk. It's not happening. JAX is going to have their coach and staff and Chicago is still going to be on week 1 of the meetings with Nagy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

THey're keeping Nagy and Pace until the end guys. George is the guy who drives up to the toll plaza, sees a line with 10 cars and one with 2 cars, and assumes somethings wrong with the 2 car line, or doesn't want to look pushy. He'd nervously step around $20 on the sidewalk. It's not happening. JAX is going to have their coach and staff and Chicago is still going to be on week 1 of the meetings with Nagy. 

Sometime in February:

The Bears are bringing back former head coach Matt Nagy as a consultant, a source said Monday. Nagy will help the team through its head coaching search. "It's exciting," Nagy said, "Any time you get to make a decision, you hope it's a good one, and if not, then you get to think about it a lot and hopefully you learn from it."

31 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Sometime in February:

The Bears are bringing back former head coach Matt Nagy as a consultant, a source said Monday. Nagy will help the team through its head coaching search. "It's exciting," Nagy said, "Any time you get to make a decision, you hope it's a good one, and if not, then you get to think about it a lot and hopefully you learn from it."

A little too close for comfort, that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Sometime in February:

The Bears are bringing back former head coach Matt Nagy as a consultant, a source said Monday. Nagy will help the team through its head coaching search. "It's exciting," Nagy said, "Any time you get to make a decision, you hope it's a good one, and if not, then you get to think about it a lot and figure out the whys hopefully you learn from it."

Fixed

• Like 1

The other day I stuck my hand in a boiling vat of grease.

It really hurt.  I am thinking about the whys at the moment.  Right now I think it was probably because my headset didn't work, but there is no quit in me.  The effort is there.

Ryan Pace and I are discussing how to get this fixed so it doesn't happen again.    

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

The other day I stuck my hand in a boiling vat of grease.

It really hurt.  I am thinking about the whys at the moment.  Right now I think it was probably because my headset didn't work, but there is no quit in me.  The effort is there.

Ryan Pace and I are discussing how to get this fixed so it doesn't happen again.    

You're collaborating, not discussing. Duh

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

This could end up being the last game of the Pace/Nagy era.  If that ends up happening, Merry Christmas Bears fans!!!!!!!!  :D

Sorry, we've crested past the part of the season where George can start to say "well it's only x games (not the X-Games) left, so thank lordy lou I don't have to do anything for a few weeks!" as he leans deeper into his chair with the back of his sweaty hand pressed against his forehead, gazing at the ceiling and cursing his ancestors for shackling him to a business where people pay attention to you.  From the other room Ted Phillips chuckles, wondering whether George means to say all this aloud, while he enters new formulaa into Excel 95, knowing as long as his bonus structure is tied to revenue, he'll never leave, and George will faint before he gets to even considering firing him.  He is eternal, he is rich, and he doesn't care what happens in the other buildings.  

• Like 1