Week 16 GDT - Battle of the Holiday Hangovers

Sugashane

14 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Skipped the game to pack and doesn't seem like I missed much more than an exciting finish. Lol

Anyone stand out today?

Just off the top without watching again.

Nagy's play calling was not very good. As expected at this point. However, I do give him credit for the late game call to go for the win instead of the tie. And not just because we won (obviously that doesn't matter) but because he had the guts to do it. This is what I like about Harbaugh's calls in 2 games this year. I love coaches who play to win.

Foles was actually solid all game.  Outside of a couple plays he played pretty good. On a 4th down RZ play he tried to do a jump pass, for some odd reason, when he had a lane to run.

OL had problems all game (3 different OL gave up a sack --Borom, Ifedi (x2), Daniels).

Ifedi struggled all game. Daniels was decent for the most part. Borom clearly frustrated the DEs. They moved Borom from RT to LT after Jenkins was out with a shoulder injury--I beleive I called it a couple months ago when I said I gaurentee they will move him at the first sign of trouble.

Kmet was good in blocking, showed promise in YAC, and caught a high point 50/50 pass deep in the EZ against double coverage that was inches away from being complete. This opened Grahams TDs in the next play due to the attention the defense was expecting now from Kmet.

Mooney showed flashes once again. His speed and body movement were on full display on a long to go situation (dont remember exactly). 

CB Graham was solid once again. Gave up inside leverage in man-coverage for a TD.

Burns was surprisingly solid on defense against Lockett and DK. 2 PBUs and a good open field tackle on 3rd down on a screen.

Quinn was good again. Only had 1 sack on record (on a 3rd down) but he and Nichols were largely responsible for the only other sack in the game that was split between Nichols and Gipson.

Dazz showed some promise in the return game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I don't believe so

I don’t either, but think about it this way - if they were to start interviewing tomorrow not only would that mean Nagy had been informed he was out at season’s end, but that would almost certainly mean that Pace is being retained in the GM role as well. If you want Pace gone, as most of us do, then we don’t want to see any interviews being set up until we know his fate. If Nagy is informed tomorrow that he’ll be gone and Pace is retained then I’d expect some sort of statement from the team about Pace’s standing moving forward, not for our sake but for the sake of those who would interview to be the next HC. 

19 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t either, but think about it this way - if they were to start interviewing tomorrow not only would that mean Nagy had been informed he was out at season’s end, but that would almost certainly mean that Pace is being retained in the GM role as well. If you want Pace gone, as most of us do, then we don’t want to see any interviews being set up until we know his fate. If Nagy is informed tomorrow that he’ll be gone and Pace is retained then I’d expect some sort of statement from the team about Pace’s standing moving forward, not for our sake but for the sake of those who would interview to be the next HC. 

It could be possible that both were told they are being let go at end of season?..though I doubt it.

Whatever the case may be I'm not so much concerned about this two week advance period of getting to interview coaches.

This new rule was mainly put in place to try and get minority coaches more interview opportunities and not to give any teams an advantage at hiring a head coach early.

Besides, I believe those coaches with more clout are going to want to wait to see if other job open around the league before settling on a job like that of Jacksonville's.

HIstory has shown that hiring first/early does not exactly equate to greater success

17 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Besides, I believe those coaches with more clout are going to want to wait to see if other job open around the league before settling on a job like that of Jacksonville's.

Agree with your point about knowing the full market before deciding, there’s a lot to like about the Jacksonville job too. Potential franchise QB. Probably first pick in this draft. Lots of cap space and an owner who will spend. Low scrutiny market (by comparison to CHI and others). Not totally bereft of talent, and most of the roster that will stay is pretty young. No state tax.

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agree with your point about knowing the full market before deciding, there’s a lot to like about the Jacksonville job too. Potential franchise QB. Probably first pick in this draft. Lots of cap space and an owner who will spend. Low scrutiny market (by comparison to CHI and others). Not totally bereft of talent, and most of the roster that will stay is pretty young. No state tax.

They seem to be requesting to speak to a lot of guys so far...thankfully McDaniels & Daboll haven't been on the list as of yet which could mean word is a bigger fish are after them...Leftwich and Moore have been requested though.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

They seem to be requesting to speak to a lot of guys so far...thankfully McDaniels & Daboll haven't been on the list as of yet which could mean word is a bigger fish are after them...Leftwich and Moore have been requested though.

Honestly I could talk myself into anyone on their list being a good hire for us. Surprised Daboll isn’t on their list (yet) though. Pessimists will argue that he grossly underutilizes the run game but optimists will look at the raw, unrefined tools Allen had when he got there and see Daboll’s role in helping him develop into a mega superstar, and then envision that with Fields (already more refined than Allen was after year 1) and dream BIG.

Were we to land Daboll I wonder if he’d try to bring Ken Dorsey along as his OC to work with Fields. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Honestly I could talk myself into anyone on their list being a good hire for us. Surprised Daboll isn’t on their list (yet) though. Pessimists will argue that he grossly underutilizes the run game but optimists will look at the raw, unrefined tools Allen had when he got there and see Daboll’s role in helping him develop into a mega superstar, and then envision that with Fields (already more refined than Allen was after year 1) and dream BIG.

Were we to land Daboll I wonder if he’d try to bring Ken Dorsey along as his OC to work with Fields. 

I could see Dorsey being promoted to OC in Buffalo more than following Daboll and not calling plays here...Shea Tierney is the guy who seems to get a ton of credit for his work with Allen day in day out...would be a risk giving him the job as an OC but he followed Daboll from Bama and is really highly rated.