LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah, he aint coming back. 

Kupp, AR, and Van is still a solid combo, but one injury and we're going to be in rough shape. I really hope they give in and pay him what he wants now that we have some extra capital. 

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah, he aint coming back. 

I get the opposite impression if you read the rest of the comments. He clearly wants to be in LA. He understands the business. They’ll figure it out 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I get the opposite impression if you read the rest of the comments. He clearly wants to be in LA. He understands the business. They’ll figure it out 

This is kind of what I think. I'm hoping we are just waiting for money to open up a bit with some restructures.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I view it as the Rams made an offer that's "free" and although he wants to play there, he's going to want to get paid (and rightfully so). I dont see us being in a position to give him more than other teams, especially for half a season. He got his ring, he got his credibility back, he may opt for another contender like Von did. But that's just how I read into it. Want him back though.

50 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I view it as the Rams made an offer that's "free" and although he wants to play there, he's going to want to get paid (and rightfully so). I dont see us being in a position to give him more than other teams, especially for half a season. He got his ring, he got his credibility back, he may opt for another contender like Von did. But that's just how I read into it. Want him back though.

Why not though? We had enough to offer Gilmore close to what the Colts did and were in on Mathieu. We should have enough to sign him to a reasonable deal, especially with the hometown discount he's made it clear he would give us. 

On 5/13/2022 at 12:43 PM, JonStark said:

Why not though? We had enough to offer Gilmore close to what the Colts did and were in on Mathieu. We should have enough to sign him to a reasonable deal, especially with the hometown discount he's made it clear he would give us. 

Why would you allocate those kind of resources to a guy who can't play half the season?

58 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Why would you allocate those kind of resources to a guy who can't play half the season?

The contract it would take to land him moist likely wouldn't be anywhere near what those two got. I don't think he's going to be asking for a full season type contract for 2022, but they most likely want to sign him to a multi year deal.