LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

The contract it would take to land him moist likely wouldn't be anywhere near what those two got. I don't think he's going to be asking for a full season type contract for 2022, but they most likely want to sign him to a multi year deal.

If they do sign him, I’d assume it’ll be somewhere around a 3 years deal with the first year being really cheap since he’ll be back in November. Year 2/3 though I’d expect something around 12-15 a year with a team option in case he doesn’t look 100% after 2022. I could be way wrong lol but that’s how I think it’ll play out 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

The contract it would take to land him moist likely wouldn't be anywhere near what those two got. I don't think he's going to be asking for a full season type contract for 2022, but they most likely want to sign him to a multi year deal.

I hope he does re-sign, but I just see him going with the best deal and I do not think we are in a position to offer that.

I pounded the table for the Rams to trade for him the last 3 years (and was scoffed at) and now that he's got his ring, I just think he wants to cash in. Hope he stays for the culture and off field financial implications so we'll see. 

• Like 2

I don’t have the link but there are reports that Aaron Donald is threatening to retire if his contract needs are not met. He is asking for well over 28 million. If that means 30 to 32 then I understand and he deserves it. But if that’s closer to 40 then I’m a bit surprised with him. He threatened to retire if they weren’t contenders so they went out and got free agents. So if he is asking for close to 40 then goodbye. Can’t have it both ways. 

3 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I don’t have the link but there are reports that Aaron Donald is threatening to retire if his contract needs are not met. He is asking for well over 28 million. If that means 30 to 32 then I understand and he deserves it. But if that’s closer to 40 then I’m a bit surprised with him. He threatened to retire if they weren’t contenders so they went out and got free agents. So if he is asking for close to 40 then goodbye. Can’t have it both ways. 

It's just negotiations. He'll be back.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 10:38 AM, MDY10 said:

I get the opposite impression if you read the rest of the comments. He clearly wants to be in LA. He understands the business. They’ll figure it out 

It is, as will always be the case in the NFL moving forward, about the guaranteed monies.  That's likely where the sticking point is.  The team is only willing to guarantee so much for injury until he's shown to have fully recovered.  And OBJ, because of what he perceives his market to be, has been offered the length, total, and guarantees he believes he's worth because he's at a stage in his rehab where he hasn't shown that he's fully recovered (on the path there, but not there yet).  And I can't imagine Les of all people, after getting burned by the Gurley extension and having to be hamstrung by the guarantees in that deal due to injuries, isn't going to just go along with "well, everything feels good so far."

Also, this dude's video random showed up in my YT recommended feed, but I gave the vid a try and he actually presents a well-researched and critically-backed-up position.  It may be a bit hyperbolic, in my opinion, but it's not without its merits:

• Like 1

starting june the rams will have a new beat writer at espn

sarah barshop, she's coming from the texans beat.
i guess thiry now is on the the full time beat for the chargers or just mother.
i don't know, i don't care, she was pretty useless anyway as a journo.

I watched the interview. I do not believe in any sense that he is retiring. I think all of this is one big negotiation ploy done by his agents (very well). I would offer him a one year deal at $22M and if he wants a longer term deal I'd ask why?

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I watched the interview. I do not believe in any sense that he is retiring. I think all of this is one big negotiation ploy done by his agents (very well). I would offer him a one year deal at $22M and if he wants a longer term deal I'd ask why?

He doesn't need football to be "fine", but we all know he wants to be playing in the game that the Superbowl banner is getting raised in. 

15 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

He never talks like he's going to retire. It's the same stuff we've been reading for a while. People want some click bait headlines just like with McVay too.

Well this interview was pretty cut and dry, AD was talking about retirement. The question is whether you not believe it to be true or this is tactic to get a better deal.