Week 16 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

On 12/26/2021 at 4:19 PM, SkippyX said:

Mac Jones is pretty. He belongs in the NFL.

Both teams needed their QB to carry them today and the guy with elite talent did so.

The other guy also belongs in the NFL...

It seems that the rest of the AFCE will have the second best QB on the field while playing the Bills for the foreseeable future. I've re-watched Allen's highlights from the Pats game multiple times. Just freaky stuff.

Tua/Mac/Wilson could become franchise guys, but Allen is just a freak of nature. I don't see them having as big of an impact on the game as he does. The only thing that (seemingly) may stop him is an injury because he does run recklessly at times.

That's not to say the AFCE will be bowing down to the Bills every year. Allen is getting paid, so those other teams have to spend resources wisely to compete, and hope their young QBs become top-10 QBs in the league. Similar to how Pitt had the best QB in the division (Big Ben), but Baltimore was a real threat to win the division each year because they had such a solid team with a pretty good QB (Flacco)

The Pats having the best coach in the league levels the playing field A LOT. I'm pretty mixed on Flores as a coach, but the Dolphins will be competitive at the very least. I just don't see them being a consistent threat with Tua at the helm, but anything can happen with these young QBs. The Jets are just a mess, and I'm not sure how much longer Douglas survives. Wilson will suffer because of this. 

Edited by WizeGuy