Week 16 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

Outlandish statement, but I’m going to say that the win for the Rams today is THE best of the season - better than the win against the Cardinals and the win against the Bucs.

We have seen that when Stafford is less than very good/elite this season that the team hasn’t been able to win the game for him, essentially it’s only happened in games where he’s playing good teams - Green Bay, Titans, Niners. Today, against a team that may not be at the same level, Stafford just had a bad day and the team were able to get it done inspite of him. 

We have seen Stafford put the team on his back and throw us to victory this season, honestly this is the first time where everyone else was able to cover for him on an off day. For me, I know Stafford will get it right, but I wasn’t 100% that the rest of the team would put it together in a convincing way that they did today. 

I thought the Vikings DEF played extremely well. The coverage in the secondary as a unit was the best I remember seeing for the most part, along with Cardinals. 

Jacksonville and Detroit have both clinched last place.

AFC South teams will play their position interconference games at NFC North teams in 2022.

Jacksonville thus has the longest active Thanksgiving drought of all of Detroit's home opponents in 2022, having never played on the holiday.

Thus, Detroit should host Jacksonville on Thanksgiving next year.

• Like 1