How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

6 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah if these guys are the real deal and not just flashes in the pan, the Saints should be able to build off this class for a while. Lattimore might be the best CB in the league already, obviously consistency will decide if he's viewed that way down the stretch, but I don't think anyone can put his level of play so far this year anywhere other than the top tier with guys like prime Talib, Rhodes, Peterson, Sherman, Norman.

I don't use the word elite often at all, I think it's overused. Lattimore's play has been elite through the first (almost) half of his rookie season. 

Ramy played at both LT and RT while splitting reps in practice and looked average at worst at both positions. He's getting better each week, should be a fantastic tackle tandem is Armstead could stay healthy for more than 15 minutes at a time. 

Kamara looks like he might be the Saints best offensive weapon of all time when it's said and done. Incredibly versatile back and clearly dangerous as a receiver as well. I wanted McCaffrey soooooo bad in Sean Payton's offense. Kamara is playing better than I had expected McCaffrey to play had we landed him in the draft.

WIlliams has been covering the middle well. He's what Byrd was supposed to be for us. Minus prime Byrd's playmaking ability, that is.

Anzalone looked pretty good. Made a lot of rookie mistakes but also made a handful of plays you wouldn't expect a rookie LBer to make. He was a WIP but a very hopeful one, until he got hurt.

There's a lot of hyperbole here.

40 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

There's a lot of hyperbole here.

Saying Kamara may be our best offensive weapon of all time is certainly hyperbole. I don't see much else. Though I guess it depends on how you rated Byrd in Buffalo and how much of his skill was his playmaking, then what he said about Williams could be. Personally I think Williams has just been average and Byrd wasn't Byrd without the playmaking so I don't really know about that comparison. What he said about Lattimore, Ramcyzk, and Anzalone are right though. Either way, definitely an elite draft class for us so far, but all depends on how they develop and what injuries do to them, if anything. 

Jourdan Lewis looks like he could be a potential #2. May be our best corner honestly with Brown regressing so much. Switzer isn't much but I really think once Noah Brown gets snaps and targets he'll be a stud.

Chidobe Awuzie wakes up every morning and gets hurt. And Taco Charlton is looking like the worst pick in the first round at the moment.

1st - Corey Davis - Had a good game week 1 after missing all of preseason with a hamstring. Played week 2 and reagrrevated. Has missed every game since then. Supposed to come back this week so we’ll see. Got some idiots calling him a bust already smh.

1st - Adoree Jackson - Actually hasn’t been too bad. He’s been up and down all season. Still waiting on that big return TD since he’s already had two taken away from him.

3rd - Taywan Taylor - Explosive!!! Not used enough by this idiot staff.

3rd - Jonny Smith - All the tools are there. He’s made some big plays this year. Might get his first start Sunday if Delanie can’t go.

5th - Jayon Brown - Pretty solid nickel backer. Adds some speed to a very slow defense. Don’t think he’ll ever be a everydown backer(at least not in a 3-4) but he’s certainly been a help with covering TEs this year.

6th - Corey Levin - PS

7th - Josh Carraway - PS

7th - Brad Seaton - PS

Bears:

1st - Mitchell Trubisky - About as good as you would reasonably expect with the piss poor supporting cast they have put around him at WR, and now its going to be worse with Zach Miller out for presumably the rest of his career.  I'm going to make no negative judgements based on his performances this season because we simply are awful in terms of skill positions apart from Howard and Cohen, and coaching is dreadful.  

2nd - Adam Shaheen - About as raw as you could get out of college, he looked pretty decent in preseason and tc but has done absolutely nothing since.  He'll need to step up with Zach Miller's injuries but I'm not sure he's ready for anything

4th - Eddie Jackson -  He's been extremely good.  Very productive, and of course singlehandedly won the game against carolina.  Has played very well both in pass defense and run support, and is a real playmaker with the ball in his hands.  This is the pick I'm most excited about for this season, I think.

4th - Tarik Cohen - The Bears pretty much knocked it out of the park with their 4th rounders.  Cohen hasn't done quite as much since his hot start, which is typical for a rookie RB I've noticed, but he's extremely dangerous out of the backfield as a receiver and can breakaway a long run at any moment. 

5th - Jordan Morgan - IR since preseason.

9 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I don't see it. Other than the Marcus Williams comment, which I suppose in a sense could be. 

You don't see it?

Lattimore might be the best CB in the league already

Kamara looks like he might be the Saints best offensive weapon of all time when it's said and done.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I’m the absolute last person on the planet you’ll catch using hyperbole.

That might be, but you're still guilty of it. ;)

Eagles rookie update

1st- Derek Barnett- looking good in rotational duty a couple sacks and splash backfield plays

2nd- Sindey Jones- see him in 2018

3rd- Rasul Douglas- really coming into his own has a nose for the ball. Gets best with speed but looks very good

4th- Mack Hollins- Future HOF'er

4th- Donnell Pumphrey- trash and on IR

5th- Sheldon Gibson- is apparently a football player despite serious evidence to the contrary 

7th- Elijah Qualls- solid in little playing time he gets. Looks like a good depth guy

UDFA's

Corey Clement- solid contributer

Jake Elliott- GOAT 

Saying Lattimore might already be the best CB in the league is not hyperbole. He’s certainly playing that way.

And the quote you chose to call hyperbole very conveniently left out the part where I said he’ll need to be consistent if he wants that title. 

52 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You don't see it?

That might be, but you're still guilty of it. ;)

Marshon Lattimore might be the best CB in the league. That isn't hyperbole. So far this season many people think he has played better than any CB in the NFL. The only question is if he can continue to play at this level over the course of a full season. He was an elite prospect and one of the best CB's I've seen in years coming out. Literally from his first snap this season until now he has been a lockdown CB.

As for Kamara it is early, but I took potentially best Saints offensive weapon ever to mean RB's/WR's/TE's. If that's the case he has to compete with Deuce McCallister, Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Joe Horn, Marques Colston, and Jimmy Graham. Does he have a long way to go to surpass them. Absolutely. However I believe through his first 8 games he has looked better than any of them did their rookie/first season with the Saints. He's on pace for around 1,400 yards, 8 touchdowns, and 5.8 yards per carry. He has drawn rave reviews fromthe coaching staff since being drafted, and seems to be a perfect fit for Sean Payton's offense. Sure it's early, but I'd imagine you of all people can understand. As you wrote this regarding Gurley 2 games into his rookie season. Which honestly is a viewpoint I tend to agree with regarding player projections:

http://www3.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=570929&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90
"Gurley might just do the same thing. He's started two games thus far. Both starts were against top 10 defenses. Both starts came against the top 2 teams in the NFC. And Gurley ran for 305 yards and 6.2 yards per carry. 

That's against the cream of the crop. Imagine what he can do when he plays the bad defenses. 

Especially considering he'll likely get stronger and more athletic as the season goes on because he'll distance himself from the surgery. 

I have no issues with people crowning him now. It's not going to get you thrown in jail if you make a projection about a player. 

I don't really understand the perspective of people on this site. Who cares if you crown a guy and are wrong? Isn't that the fun of it all? This is footballsfuture. Not footballspast. Stop worrying about having to be right all the time.

Say what you think and mean what you say."

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Marshon Lattimore might be the best CB in the league. That isn't hyperbole. So far this season many people think he has played better than any CB in the NFL. The only question is if he can continue to play at this level over the course of a full season. He was an elite prospect and one of the best CB's I've seen in years coming out. Literally from his first snap this season until now he has been a lockdown CB.

As for Kamara it is early, but I took potentially best Saints offensive weapon ever to mean RB's/WR's/TE's. If that's the case he has to compete with Deuce McCallister, Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Joe Horn, Marques Colston, and Jimmy Graham. Does he have a long way to go to surpass them. Absolutely. However I believe through his first 8 games he has looked better than any of them did their rookie/first season with the Saints. He's on pace for around 1,400 yards, 8 touchdowns, and 5.8 yards per carry. He has drawn rave reviews fromthe coaching staff since being drafted, and seems to be a perfect fit for Sean Payton's offense. Sure it's early, but I'd imagine you of all people can understand. As you wrote this regarding Gurley 2 games into his rookie season. Which honestly is a viewpoint I tend to agree with regarding player projections:

http://www3.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=570929&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90
"Gurley might just do the same thing. He's started two games thus far. Both starts were against top 10 defenses. Both starts came against the top 2 teams in the NFC. And Gurley ran for 305 yards and 6.2 yards per carry. 

That's against the cream of the crop. Imagine what he can do when he plays the bad defenses. 

Especially considering he'll likely get stronger and more athletic as the season goes on because he'll distance himself from the surgery. 

I have no issues with people crowning him now. It's not going to get you thrown in jail if you make a projection about a player. 

I don't really understand the perspective of people on this site. Who cares if you crown a guy and are wrong? Isn't that the fun of it all? This is footballsfuture. Not footballspast. Stop worrying about having to be right all the time.

Say what you think and mean what you say."

And what I said about Gurley was hyperbole. I was wrong. I really have no issues with people being bold, but what WRs has Lattimore faced thus far? That also doesn't consider the fact that the true mark of a player is how they respond when other teams get film on them and adjust.

As for Kamara, you added his YFS and total TDs next to his yards per carry. That's a bit misleading. Makes it seems like he's putting up dominant rushing numbers. He's on pace for about 700 yards rushing and 700 yards receiving. Those are nice numbers, but that's more Darren Sproles than elite playmaker. Yes, he can continue to develop, but as I said, it's hyperbole to be throwing that sort of thing out this early. But hey, almost all of us are guilty of that from time-to-time.

22 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Saying Lattimore might already be the best CB in the league is not hyperbole. He’s certainly playing that way.

And the quote you chose to call hyperbole very conveniently left out the part where I said he’ll need to be consistent if he wants that title. 

That's like me saying, "Jared Goff is basically a young Peyton Manning. But he'll need to be consistently great if he wants that title."

C'mon, dude. It's hyperbole.

Archived