How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Personally, at this moment in time, I’d have Watson above them all. His snap count is firmly in between both Kamara and Lattimore’s, so for now, he’s got to be eligible - at least as long as Kamara is.

Yeah that's fair if you're ranking them on talent/potential. I don't think you can give an award to Watson for half a season of games if we're talking about ROTY awards.

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Kamara is still behind Fournette and Hunt for me, meaning he’s fringe 5ish depending on how you feel about White (whom I haven’t watched a ton) or King (who has been absolutely killing it). 

Hmmm. Kamara has roughly 150 less yards than Hunt on 88 less touches with 3 more scores.

Kamara has about 150 yards MORE than Fournette on 72 less touches, with 2 more scores. 

I can MAYBE see a case for Hunt, but not Fournette. If Watson get's the "OK" for half a seasons worth of games then Kamara's lack of touches should be taken into account when his scoring frequency and average gains are much better than Fournette or Hunts.

He's not being used nearly as frequently as either one of them and is still outpacing one in bulk stats and gaining on the other, while scoring more TDs and being more efficient in the process. 

6 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah I looked up his stats right after. Crazy stuff.

If he was the primary back instead of Ingram, no doubt these YPC numbers would not be so astronomical.  But then he would also have a lot more bulk stats, and he has shown he is a more than competent runner between the tackles.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

If he was the primary back instead of Ingram, no doubt these YPC numbers would not be so astronomical.  But then he would also have a lot more bulk stats, and he has shown he is a more than competent runner between the tackles.

Oh no doubt. I was among the GB fans that wanted him. Glad to see him doing well even if the stats are a little inflated. 

2 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah that's fair if you're ranking them on talent/potential. I don't think you can give an award to Watson for half a season of games if we're talking about ROTY awards.

Hmmm. Kamara has roughly 150 less yards than Hunt on 88 less touches with 3 more scores.

Kamara has about 150 yards MORE than Fournette on 72 less touches, with 2 more scores. 

I can MAYBE see a case for Hunt, but not Fournette. If Watson get's the "OK" for half a seasons worth of games then Kamara's lack of touches should be taken into account when his scoring frequency and average gains are much better than Fournette or Hunts.

He's not being used nearly as frequently as either one of them and is still outpacing one in bulk stats and gaining on the other, while scoring more TDs and being more efficient in the process. 

This ignores the obvious point, though.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Which would be?

One guy has Drew Brees under center, Sean Payton calling plays, a great run-blocking OL, and Michael Thomas at WR. The other guy has Blake Bortles under center, Nathaniel Hackett calling plays, a mediocre run-blocking OL, and Marqise Lee at WR. The latter guy is the singular focus of the defense every time he steps onto the field. If you think that doesn't matter, I'll point you to Todd Gurley's production in 2016 vs. 2017. Kamara is doing great things with the touches he receives, but let's not pretend he isn't in one of the best situations in football for a guy with his talents. Can we say the same about Fournette?

3 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

By season’s end, it’s more of an issue. For right now, like I said, he has more snaps than some of the guys on that list. 

3 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Stats driven argument for a stats driven award, but that doesn’t make Kamara better than either. Fournette and Hunt are in all-around worse situations than Kamara, and although what he’s doing is definitely impressive, I don’t think that it mitigates the level of responsibility that exists between the 3. 

At the moment, Kamara is slightly above what Sproles has been for them.  

48 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

One guy has Drew Brees under center, Sean Payton calling plays, a great run-blocking OL, and Michael Thomas at WR. The other guy has Blake Bortles under center, Nathaniel Hackett calling plays, a mediocre run-blocking OL, and Marqise Lee at WR. The latter guy is the singular focus of the defense every time he steps onto the field. If you think that doesn't matter, I'll point you to Todd Gurley's production in 2016 vs. 2017. Kamara is doing great things with the touches he receives, but let's not pretend he isn't in one of the best situations in football for a guy with his talents. Can we say the same about Fournette?

None of that stopped Dak Prescott from getting the award.

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

At the moment, Kamara is slightly above what Sproles has been for them.  

And Sproles set the NFL single season record for all purpose yards at 2,696 and was an elite part of a 2011 offense that scored 63 TDs and racked up 7,474 yards of offense nd converted 57% of third downs.

Archived