How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Ugh then we will see him traded away like so many before him lol

Lol if Kamara is traded the locker room would tear Payton in half and feed him to the gators. He’s our future on offense right now.

1 hour ago, hsfolk said:

Alvin Kamara caught 6-of-6 targets for 101 yards and a touchdown in the Saints' Week 12 loss to the Rams, adding five carries for 87 yards and an additional score.

More stats on Kamara:

Should be the clear cut Offensive Rookie of the Year.

He's been spectacular.  Arguably the best RB in the NFL this year (given his workload).

1 hour ago, VanS said:

More stats on Kamara:

Another Alvin Kamara doozy from the Elias Sports Bureay. He and Gale Sayers (1965) are the only rookies in NFL history with multiple games of 150 scrimmage yards, a rushing TD and a receiving TD.

Gale Sayers and Herschel Walker... not bad company to keep.

Today was my first time watching Kamara play a full game in the NFL and all I gotta say is wow. The guy is a beast and the total package. Payton should have leaned on him the way earlier as he was the only one able to gash the Rams defense. The lack of touches until the 4th was confusing. 

I'm legitimately curious to see what Alvin could do with 20 carries and 10 targets in a game.  He's averaging 100+ yards per game right now on about 10-15 touches per game.  One would think his YPC would suffer with more touches but nothing we've seen thus far this season says that will happen.  He's also actually increased his YPC as the season has progressed and he's gotten more touches.

I said before the draft he could be a 1,000 yard rusher and 1,000 yard receiver in the same season one day.  I'm thinking that could have been a reality this year if he was given more touches.  

His production per touch so far this season is just INSANE.

8 hours ago, VanS said:

I'm legitimately curious to see what Alvin could do with 20 carries and 10 targets in a game.  He's averaging 100+ yards per game right now on about 10-15 touches per game.  One would think his YPC would suffer with more touches but nothing we've seen thus far this season says that will happen.  He's also actually increased his YPC as the season has progressed and he's gotten more touches.

I said before the draft he could be a 1,000 yard rusher and 1,000 yard receiver in the same season one day.  I'm thinking that could have been a reality this year if he was given more touches.  

His YPC would suffer if he was the primary back.  He'd still produce, but he's not getting 7ypc.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

His YPC would suffer if he was the primary back.  He'd still produce, but he's not getting 7ypc.

That's true, but at the same time I bet he would still have a great ypc, and could be a potential 1,000 yard rushing/1,000 yard receiving threat with more touches this year

11 hours ago, VanS said:

He's probably going to be close this year...Willing to bet he finishes around 800 yards in each.

7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Butch Jones only gave Alvin Kamara 6 to 7 touches a game in college.

That's the only reason he fell to the 3rd round. That's also one of the biggest reasons Butch Jones isn't a head coach anymore.

People are gonna be shocked in 4-5 years when all the players from the 2015-16 Tennessee football team are in the NFL and wonder how that team could never win more than 9 games.  That was an extremely talented roster that would have challenged for a national title with a competent head coach.  But instead they never even won their division because Butch Jones was a horrible football coach.  His late game decision-making was atrocious.  As was his personnel decision-making.

Its inexcusable that Alvin Kamara spent more time on the bench than the football field in 2 years at Tennessee.  On almost any other team, he would have been a Heisman trophy finalist.

Just now, VanS said:

People are gonna be shocked in 4-5 years when all the players from the 2015-16 Tennessee football team are in the NFL and wonder how that team could never win more than 9 games.  That was an extremely talented roster that would have challenged for a national title with a competent head coach.  But instead they never even won their division because Butch Jones was a horrible football coach.  His late game decision-making was atrocious.  As was his personnel decision-making.

Its inexcusable that Alvin Kamara spent more time on the bench than the football field in 2 years at Tennessee.  On almost any other team, he would have been a Heisman trophy finalist.

Well Butch Jones has always been known as a phenomenal recruiter, but a horrible coach.  Just go back through his coaching career and look at some of those teams he put together, it's amazing the talent he gets but just doesn't do anything with.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Well Butch Jones has always been known as a phenomenal recruiter, but a horrible coach.  Just go back through his coaching career and look at some of those teams he put together, it's amazing the talent he gets but just doesn't do anything with.

A Vols reporter responded to a tweet asking how Alvin Kamara only got 6-7 touches a game during his career and he responded "Cause his head coach was the same guy who thought JJ Watt was a TE"

Jones asked Watt to play tight end at central michigan.

Archived