How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

A Vols reporter responded to a tweet asking how Alvin Kamara only got 6-7 touches a game during his career and he responded "Cause his head coach was the same guy who thought JJ Watt was a TE"

Jones asked Watt to play tight end at central michigan.

To be fair, he probably would’ve been a dominant TE as well. Lol.

34 minutes ago, hsfolk said:

1712-NFL-ROY4-768x432.jpg

Yeah I think there is very little doubt at this point that the Saints have 2 of the top 5 performing rookies this year. Crazy to think that they may have 3 guys that are among the 10 best performing rookies this season.  

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Seems like hyperbole. I think most everyone acknowledges PFF has serious flaws.

You have the audacity to call my statement hyperbole after reading through this thread?

Point remains. It receives more hate than anything else yet gets thrown around quite a bit.

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You have the audacity to call my statement hyperbole after reading through this thread?

“Everyone speeds on this road! You’re gonna write me a ticket?!”

You said 98% of people say they hate PFF. If you don’t understand how that is hyoerbole I don’t know what to tell you.

Point remains. It receives more hate than anything else yet gets thrown around quite a bit.

Sure. If you’re taking it for what it is throwing it around a bit is fine. People that try to use it like a holy text are clueless and that’s what people hate.

Do you think Marshon and Kamara are both too 5 rookies? You think Ramy is playing like top 10 or top 15 or would you put him lower?

Just curious if you took issue with where they have them, considering the timing of your comments.

13 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

“Everyone speeds on this road! You’re gonna write me a ticket?!”

You said 98% of people say they hate PFF. If you don’t understand how that is hyoerbole I don’t know what to tell you.

We’re on different pages. 

I don’t recall you pointing out much of the other hyperbole being thrown around earlier. I was jokingly pointing that out to you. 

I don’t believe that hating on the company and then referencing them later on is anything but ignorance. Especially the rankings.

Do you think Marshon and Kamara are both too 5 rookies? You think Ramy is top 10 or top 15?

Just curious if you took issue with where they have them, considering the timing of your comments.

I have an issue with the list as a whole. 

The absence of Fournette and Watson really illegitimizes the list for me. 

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I have an issue with the list as a whole. 

The absence of Fournette and Watson really illegitimizes the list for me. 

Fair enough.

Do you have any issues with Kamara and Lattimore in the top 5?

What about Ramy (my opinion: average starter at both LT and RT while changing positions and playing through a hip injury) in the top... ehhhh 15 rookies? If that’s too high where would you put him?

41 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Fair enough.

Do you have any issues with Kamara and Lattimore in the top 5?

What about Ramy (my opinion: average starter at both LT and RT while changing positions and playing through a hip injury) in the top... ehhhh 15 rookies? If that’s too high where would you put him?

Honestly, some of those rookies I haven’t seen much. Lawson, Johnson, and CMC are all players I wouldn’t say I’ve watched enough to really grasp how they’ve done. 

Personally, at this moment in time, I’d have Watson above them all. His snap count is firmly in between both Kamara and Lattimore’s, so for now, he’s got to be eligible - at least as long as Kamara is. Kamara is still behind Fournette and Hunt for me, meaning he’s fringe 5ish depending on how you feel about White (whom I haven’t watched a ton) or King (who has been absolutely killing it). 

Ramczyk, based on what I’ve seen, belongs in the top 15. But no where PFF put him and certainly not above Watson or Fournette.

Archived