How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

Again...I said that you may not find a better RB right now. apparently someone needs to repeat elementary level reading comprehension because this is about the third time you have failed in this simple task. I’m not saying that Kamara is the best RB in the NFL. I’m not saying Kamara is even the best RB this season. I’m saying that he may be the best...which my statement pretty clearly implied, and a statement that is objectively accurate.

And what does he "may be the best" mean to you if you aren't saying he is the best? I certainly don't go around labeling guys who aren't arguably the best at their position as "may be the best" at that position. Stop trying to backtrack from your delusional comment. It's such a cowardly move. You throw out nonsense like that and then don't even have the balls to stand behind it.

This thread is turned into such a crapfest because of people like you.

I’m not interested in giving a RB a lifetime achievement award. I’m looking at a snapshot in time and Kamara week after week proves that he belongs. I don’t know if he will keep it up...but we owe him recognition for what he has done through 12 weeks. But I’m done with the tired argument...Kamara can post 1000-1000 this year and you wouldn’t change your tune. Whatever dude. 

We don't owe a guy who is currently 17th in the NFL in rushing yards the recognition of best HB in the NFL. Whatever dude.

31 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

And what does he "may be the best" mean to you if you aren't saying he is the best? I certainly don't go around labeling guys who aren't arguably the best at their position as "may be the best" at that position. Stop trying to backtrack from your delusional comment. It's such a cowardly move. You throw out nonsense like that and then don't even have the balls to stand behind it.

We don't owe a guy who is currently 17th in the NFL in rushing yards the recognition of best HB in the NFL. Whatever dude.

I'm not saying he's not a homer. And I'm not saying his argument is good... AND I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but this is also a poor justification as far as talent is concerned.

Stats without context suck. Saying Gurley was trash last year because he was in that horrendous rams offense would be akin to saying Kamara isn't playing at a very high level just because he's 17th in rush yards.

That being said, I'd be very interested to hear your take on him as a player, what you think he'll turn into, etc. Because I'm inherently enamored by/biased toward Kamara because I was a very big fan of his predraft.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm not saying he's not a homer. And I'm not saying his argument is good... AND I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but this is also a poor justification as far as talent is concerned.

Stats without context suck. Saying Gurley was trash last year because he was in that horrendous rams offense would be akin to saying Kamara isn't playing at a very high level just because he's 17th in rush yards.

That being said, I'd be very interested to hear your take on him as a player, what you think he'll turn into, etc. Because I'm inherently enamored by/biased toward Kamara because I was a very big fan of his predraft.

Posts taken out of context also suck. But Gurley wasn't the best HB in the NFL last year, and anyone bringing up his rushing yards total would have had a valid point.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Posts taken out of context also suck. But Gurley wasn't the best HB in the NFL last year, and anyone bringing up his rushing yards total would have had a valid point.

True... but I feel like your also downplaying kamara's talent by pointing to his rush yards total, which is a weak argument.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

True... but I feel like your also downplaying kamara's talent by pointing to his rush yards total, which is a weak argument.

Yea, I'm "downplaying" Kamara's talent by not recognizing him as the best HB in the NFL. If you're curious about my thoughts, I've written a number of posts over the last few pages explaining them. I'm out.

55 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's such a cowardly move

I think you're taking an internet forum a bit seriously.

55 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You throw out nonsense like that and then don't even have the balls to stand behind it.

Uhhhhh. 

On 11/17/2017 at 8:07 PM, jrry32 said:
On 11/17/2017 at 7:34 PM, GamedayGuru said:

Funny enough, a day after I posted this, kiper released his top 15 rookies 

1. Lattimore

3. Kamara

5. Ramcyzk

On 11/17/2017 at 7:37 PM, GamedayGuru said:

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/39581/Three-Saints-In-Top-5-Of-Mel-Kipers-Rookie-Big-Board

1. Marcus Lattimore, CB, Saints (9)
2. Kareem Hunt, RB, Chiefs (82)
3. Alvin Kamara, RB, Saints (88)
4. Tre'Davious White, CB, Bills (32)
5. Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Saints (29)
6. Carl Lawson, DE, Bengals (52)
7. T.J. Watt, OLB, Steelers (48)
8. Christian McCaffrey, RB, Panthers (6)
9. Ju Ju Smith-Schuster, WR, Steelers (39)
10. Jamal Adams, S, Jets (3)
11. Myles Garrett, DE, Browns (1)
12. Reuben Foster, LB, 49ers (8)
13. Leonard Fournette, RB, Jaguars (7)
14. Kendell Beckwith, LB, Buccaneers (77)
15. Evan Engram, TE, Giants (21)

tenor.gif

On 11/19/2017 at 2:41 PM, jrry32 said:
On 11/19/2017 at 2:40 PM, GamedayGuru said:

Btw, are u ever gonna put up ur top 15 rookies? U disagreed with the one that was posted so I wanted to see yours. 

No, I'm not. Because I don't watch every game all 32 teams play. I prefer not to talk out of my arse by pretending to be an expert on every team.

So it's fine for you to throw something out there and then back down from it, but when someone else doesn't want to proclaim someone the best at their position but does want to acknowledge that they've been playing as well as anyone else this season, it's cowardly and ruining the thread? 

We're all derailing the thread at this point so I'm not going to point any more fingers, but c'mon. This whole conversation is why NFL Gen sucks.

I'm out too. 

16 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I think you're taking an internet forum a bit seriously.

Nah. Say what you mean and own it. 

Uhhhhh. 

So it's fine for you to throw something out there and then back down from it,

We're all derailing the thread at this point so I'm not going to point any more fingers, but c'mon. This whole conversation is why NFL Gen sucks.

I'm out too. 

I never backed down from that. If you want to ask me why I thought the list sucked, I'm happy to explain. Hell, I can give you the number 1 reason right now: Where is Deshaun Watson?

I'm not going to offer up a list because I don't pretend to be an expert on 32 teams.

but when someone else doesn't want to proclaim someone the best at their position but does want to acknowledge that they've been playing as well as anyone else this season, it's cowardly and ruining the thread? 

It's called equivocating. I don't respect that. The dude didn't even say, "Well, I think Kamara is playing like the top HB right now, but I don't think he has enough of a track record to be considered the #1 guy at the position." He tried to say that he wasn't claiming that Kamara was the best HB THIS YEAR after he said: "but here and now...you may not find a better RB in the league than Kamara."

It's clear what he's saying. I don't respect anyone putting something like that out there and then trying to weasel out of it. At least defend it if that's your belief. We're all homers; we all tend to get too hyped over our rookies. Just don't try to tell me you weren't saying what you clearly were implying. That type of crap irritates me.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nah. Say what you mean and own it. 

I never backed down from that. If you want to ask me why I thought the list sucked, I'm happy to explain. Hell, I can give you the number 1 reason right now: Where is Deshaun Watson?

I'm not going to offer up a list because I don't pretend to be an expert on 32 teams.

It's called equivocating. I don't respect that. The dude didn't even say, "Well, I think Kamara is playing like the top HB right now, but I don't think he has enough of a track record to be considered the #1 guy at the position." He tried to say that he wasn't claiming that Kamara was the best HB THIS YEAR after he said: "but here and now...you may not find a better RB in the league than Kamara."

It's clear what he's saying. I don't respect anyone putting something like that out there and then trying to weasel out of it. At least defend it if that's your belief. We're all homers; we all tend to get too hyped over our rookies. Just don't try to tell me you weren't saying what you clearly were implying. That type of crap irritates me.

You still haven't answered the question of what you think Kamara will ultimately be?  A one-time Pro-Bowler?  Perennial Pro-Bowler?  Potential All-Pro?  Future Hall of Famer?  Or just an average player who gets exposed next year?

You do a lot of talking in here without ever saying anything CONCRETE about exactly what you think of Kamara.  We are all curious about just how good you think Kamara is?  Cause all you've done in here is just try to dismiss anyone who has said something positive about Alvin.  For example I've been pretty clear on my expectations for Kamara.  I think he's gonna be the best RB from the 2017 draft.  A perennial pro-bowler.  Multiple time All-Pro.  And a player who based on his production and skill will be compared most to Marshall Faulk.  And I felt all of this BEFORE the draft.  And my views about his NFL success haven't changed one bit.  If anything he's emboldened me given how quickly he's achieved crazy success.

2 hours ago, VanS said:

You still haven't answered the question of what you think Kamara will ultimately be?  A one-time Pro-Bowler?  Perennial Pro-Bowler?  Potential All-Pro?  Future Hall of Famer?  Or just an average player who gets exposed next year?

You do a lot of talking in here without ever saying anything CONCRETE about exactly what you think of Kamara.  We are all curious about just how good you think Kamara is?  Cause all you've done in here is just try to dismiss anyone who has said something positive about Alvin.  For example I've been pretty clear on my expectations for Kamara.  I think he's gonna be the best RB from the 2017 draft.  A perennial pro-bowler.  Multiple time All-Pro.  And a player who based on his production and skill will be compared most to Marshall Faulk.  And I felt all of this BEFORE the draft.  And my views about his NFL success haven't changed one bit.  If anything he's emboldened me given how quickly he's achieved crazy success.

I doubt he is ever able to accomplish most of that in a limited role.

8 hours ago, VanS said:

You do a lot of talking in here without ever saying anything CONCRETE about exactly what you think of Kamara.  We are all curious about just how good you think Kamara is?  

Yes, I have. I already agreed with the Brian Westbrook comparison made in this very thread. You continue to make accusations that end up being wrong.

8 hours ago, JMG5 said:

I doubt he is ever able to accomplish most of that in a limited role.

What makes you think his role will forever be limited?  Kamara has the physical build (5'11" 215 lbs) and skill to be a featured back.  He's already producing like a feature back with limited carries.  I don't see any reason why Kamara's role won't keep growing in coming years with or without Ingram.

Archived