How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

7 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

Wonder what hunt and fournette are on pace for 

Hunt is on pace for 1,729 yards and 8 touchdowns (with way more touches than Kamara)

Fournette is on pace for 1,358 yards and 11 touchdowns (with way more touches than Kamara)

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This RB class is as special as advertised. Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Kamara, Hunt, Williams, Jones, Mixon, Perine, maybe even Carson all could be potential starters next year. 

I'll have to disagree.  I don't find this class to have much in the way of top end talent.  Only Kamara looks SPECIAL right now.  The class has a ton of depth and there will be many starters from it.  But I don't think its a special class.

I think the 2018 RB class will be much better at the top.  Saquon Barkley, Ronald Jones II, and Rashaad Penny look better to me than everyone but Kamara in the 2017 class.

2017 class has better depth.  But 2018 has better top end talent.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

Usually these projections go down as the season goes on, but his haven’t... at some point he’s gonna have a down game and I pray it’s not a day Ingram falls short as well.

The crazy thing about Alvin is his production just keeps increasing.  And even crazier as his raw totals increase so has his yards per touch average.

The numbers he's putting up right now are simply insane.

7 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

The best part about Kamara is he's just proving how absolutely incompetent Butch Jones was 

Just wait.  There is more coming.  The big one will be when Josh Dobbs starts playing in the NFL and looks better than Deshaun Watson.  People are gonna wonder how Butch Jones was only able to win 9 games with guys this talented.

But then again, this isn't the first time.  Not a lot of people know this but Butch Jones coached Antonio Brown and JJ Watt in college ON THE SAME TEAM and only won 8 games.  He also wanted JJ Watt to play TE rather than DE.

He's honestly one of the most incompetent people I've ever seen rise up to become a head coach at a major school.  He found a way to find great talent but he also found ways to lose games with better talent than his opponents.

17 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Hunt is on pace for 1,729 yards and 8 touchdowns (with way more touches than Kamara)

Fournette is on pace for 1,358 yards and 11 touchdowns (with way more touches than Kamara)

To be fair fournettes been playing against 8 and 9 men fronts cuz teams dont respect jags pass offense especially Bortles. 

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

To be fair fournettes been playing against 8 and 9 men fronts cuz teams dont respect jags pass offense especially Bortles. 

Yeah that definitely plays a role, I think Fournette will be a very good player for the Jaguars. However, Kamara averaging about 7ypc is special regardless of fronts, and an added bonus is him being a huge weapon in the passing game as well.

Archived