How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

14 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

How do we find out fournette and kamaras yards after contact and broken or forced missed tackles anyone?

Those are tough stats to find. I couldn’t find updated YAC. I was able to find broken tackles through week 12. Hunt led the league by a sizable margin at 61. Next guys are Bell (51), Kamara (46), and Fournette (46). I know that Kamara collected 9 broken tackles week 13...not sure about the others. 

The leader in broken tackles/touch...drum roll...Duke Johnson (36%). Next guy on the list, Kamara (34%). Other guys previously mentioned...Hunt (31%), Bell (16%), and Fournette (22%). I’m willing to wager that Hunt has the most YAC based on his total touches.

source: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2017/rotopass-broken-tackles

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Those are tough stats to find. I couldn’t find updated YAC. I was able to find broken tackles through week 12. Hunt led the league by a sizable margin at 61. Next guys are Bell (51), Kamara (46), and Fournette (46). I know that Kamara collected 9 broken tackles week 13...not sure about the others. 

The leader in broken tackles/touch...drum roll...Duke Johnson (36%). Next guy on the list, Kamara (34%). Other guys previously mentioned...Hunt (31%), Bell (16%), and Fournette (22%). I’m willing to wager that Hunt has the most YAC based on his total touches.

Ur a good man, btw this is trusaint from SR

Dalvin Cook (RB) looked to be a really good player. Will be back next year after having torn his ACL against the Lions.

Pat Elflein (C) is our starting center. Not great(but at times good) when looked at independently, but he's making all the calls on the line, and our O-line play is a million times better than the last two years, so I assume he's fantastic at making calls.

Ben Gedeon (OLB) starts and is our third linebacker. Only sees snaps in base coverage, I believe. Solid.

Stacy Coley (WR) and Jaleel Johnson (UT) have potential and flashed it during camp and preseason, but haven't had many opportunities since.

3 minutes ago, RedRider said:

Dalvin Cook (RB) looked to be a really good player. Will be back next year after having torn his ACL against the Lions.

Pat Elflein (C) is our starting center. Not great(but at times good) when looked at independently, but he's making all the calls on the line, and our O-line play is a million times better than the last two years, so I assume he's fantastic at making calls.

Ben Gedeon (OLB) starts and is our third linebacker. Only sees snaps in base coverage, I believe. Solid.

Stacy Coley (WR) and Jaleel Johnson (UT) have potential and flashed it during camp and preseason, but haven't had many opportunities since.

Why do people keep posting about non-Saints players in a Saints thread?

14 minutes ago, RedRider said:

Cook was my top RB entering the year. I’m excited to see how he bounces back...awesome player.

2 hours ago, VanS said:

Good to hear.  I liked both a lot coming out of college.  I think Myles Garrett blows up next year and has a monster season.  15+ sacks.

I also like Njoku to become a pro-bowl tight end once they get a QB over there in Cleveland.

It is interesting to watch it play out but I have compared him to Ozzie newsome

Fournette has been up and down lately. Doesn’t have the same explosiveness as he had early on due to the ankle injury he sustained against the Rams. Still seeing loaded boxes and the O-Line hasnt been as good run blocking, especially when Parnell and Omameh have been out. He’s been extremely good catching the ball and good in pass protection. His vision is spotty at times. Hopefully that will improve.

Dede Westbrook has been Blake’s favorite target the past two weeks (he came off IR 3 weeks ago). Think he has had 19 targets with 12 receptions in those two weeks. He’s been pretty impressive. With A-Rob gone for the year, Hurns hurt, Benn on IR, a 4th round rookie and a rookie UDFA WR (Cole) are our #2 and #3 WR’s. They have a lot on their plate and definitely stepped up this past Sunday.

2nd Gerald Everett- Not used a ton but is averaging 18.5 a catch with 2TD. Shows promise and his PT is increasing.

3rd - To borrow a line from McBae "Kupp's a dawg bro"

3rd - John Johnson took over from Mo Alexander, who was later cut and has combined with LaMarcs Joyner to be a very good safety tandem.

4th - Josh Reynolds was great in p eseason then battled an injury. He has been back a few weeks and has taken some snaps with Woods out. Nice deep threat who caught the late TD vs the Saints and looked pretty good. Had some chemistry with Goff in camp and looks good still.

4th - Samson Ebukam has mostly been rotational depth behind Quinn and Barwin and looked very good while doing it. Started vs Arizona and provided a lot of pressure in place of Barwin. Has a few very impressive sacks and future looks bright.

6th - Tanziel Smart is rotated along the whole DLine and has been up and down. Started a few games at NT and was good at first then regressed a couple games before being replaced.

6th - FB Sam Rogers has been PS all year.

7th - Ejuan Price hasn't been active much and when he was most snaps were on ST. Wade talks the kid up but in preseason he was good rushing the passer but was somewhat weak against the run.

UDFA - Justin Davis did well in preseason but has done little in camp. Dominique Hatfield is very raw and was worked over by the Vikings when he came on for injuries. Funny story with him though. The day before camp we had one roster spot open and McVay and Wade wanted another DB. So they went through the draft notes for local guys and saw him. Called him in for camp just as the last body and he ended up making the team. DT Omarius Bryant and G/C Jake Eldrenkamp have been PS all year. Eldrenkamp was a personal target of Kromer so he might have a long term spot.

The picks of Everett, Kupp, Johnson and E U.K. am look great and all have contributed right away. Reynolds and Smart are liked by the coaches and look to be developed. 

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Fournette has been up and down lately. Doesn’t have the same explosiveness as he had early on due to the ankle injury he sustained against the Rams. Still seeing loaded boxes and the O-Line hasnt been as good run blocking, especially when Parnell and Omameh have been out. He’s been extremely good catching the ball and good in pass protection. His vision is spotty at times. Hopefully that will improve.

Dede Westbrook has been Blake’s favorite target the past two weeks (he came off IR 3 weeks ago). Think he has had 19 targets with 12 receptions in those two weeks. He’s been pretty impressive. With A-Rob gone for the year, Hurns hurt, Benn on IR, a 4th round rookie and a rookie UDFA WR (Cole) are our #2 and #3 WR’s. They have a lot on their plate and definitely stepped up this past Sunday.

It’s a shame that Fournette has looked noticeably different after the ankle. I hope the Jags get a QB that can actually threaten a defense next year to give him some breathing room. 

Does the upside of Westbrook + Cole make any one or both of Lee and Hurns expendable? I know Hurns got a big deal and hasn’t produced as hoped. Lee is a FA. I assume they look to keep Robinson one way or another.

12 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’s a shame that Fournette has looked noticeably different after the ankle. I hope the Jags get a QB that can actually threaten a defense next year to give him some breathing room. 

Does the upside of Westbrook + Cole make any one or both of Lee and Hurns expendable? I know Hurns got a big deal and hasn’t produced as hoped. Lee is a FA. I assume they look to keep Robinson one way or another.

We all want lee to walk. He drops alot of passes(he has 8 drops on 90 targets) so hes leading the league in drops.  Hurns possibley could be cut with no cap ramifications but unless the jags draft an early wr or a bigger name fa at wr hes likely staying. 

On 12/5/2017 at 5:28 PM, sammymvpknight said:

Not surprising about Duke Johnson. He's the MVP of the Browns this season and for some reason our special ed coach can't figure out how to get him on the field. Especially maddening because he can play a true WR spot.

17 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

We all want lee to walk. He drops alot of passes(he has 8 drops on 90 targets) so hes leading the league in drops.  Hurns possibley could be cut with no cap ramifications but unless the jags draft an early wr or a bigger name fa at wr hes likely staying. 

Man I armchair scout Lee and it seems like he's always producing for JAX. Kind of surprised he's someone you guys would want to walk, but I've only seen 1 JAX game in full this year. I love JAX and always check up on how they did, but I haven't been able to catch many games for multiple reasons. Isn't he a young productive WR for you guys? Or are the drops just unforgivable to the point where he isn't even worthy of a spot?

Archived