How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Man I armchair scout Lee and it seems like he's always producing for JAX. Kind of surprised he's someone you guys would want to walk, but I've only seen 1 JAX game in full this year. I love JAX and always check up on how they did, but I haven't been able to catch many games for multiple reasons. Isn't he a young productive WR for you guys? Or are the drops just unforgivable to the point where he isn't even worthy of a spot?

I imagine his antics late in the Chargers/Jags game didn't help matters.

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Man I armchair scout Lee and it seems like he's always producing for JAX. Kind of surprised he's someone you guys would want to walk, but I've only seen 1 JAX game in full this year. I love JAX and always check up on how they did, but I haven't been able to catch many games for multiple reasons. Isn't he a young productive WR for you guys? Or are the drops just unforgivable to the point where he isn't even worthy of a spot?

Between his drops and his semi-unability to stay healthy he should be let go. Hes been way inconsistent and is clearly nothing more then a number 2 wr. 

I think rookie wrs dede westbrook/keelan cole can replace him at a fraction of the cost. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/10/1/16393628/marqise-lee-for-sure-my-fault-the-jaguars-lost-to-jets

Hes cost us a win. 

20 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah that certainly is odd they left him out

They left off all OL...so I’m guessing that they are ranking players with easy to find stats. OL is insanely difficult to grade and I’m sure there is both interpersonal and intrapersonal error and bias. 

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

They left off all OL...so I’m guessing that they are ranking players with easy to find stats. OL is insanely difficult to grade and I’m sure there is both interpersonal and intrapersonal error and bias. 

Yeah that definitely is a fair point

On 12/7/2017 at 1:09 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Lee just hasn't taken that step. His hands have been below average for the most part. I think someone will see a few of his highlight plays and think about him at USC and overpay him.

I'd be fine keeping him around, but not at the $$ he likely gets. Give all the $$ to ARob, draft another receiver, and keep Dede and Cole around long term. Lot of upside there.

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin King - Hurt (shocker)

Josh Jones - Sucks

Montravius Adams - Hurt, now a healthy scratch every game

Vince Biegel - Hurt/PUP, now healthy. Doesn't play much.

Jamaal Williams - Seems to be decent, good pass blocker.

DeAngelo Yancey - Cut, now PS.

Aaron Jones - Pretty good when he's not driving high or hurt.

Kofi Amichia - Cut, now PS

Devante Mays - 2 carries 2 fumbles iirc

Malachi Dupre - Got hurt then got cut.

Overall, they are either hurt or they suck. PackIR's brand alive and well.

Lee has actually improved his ball skills. He was a notorious body catcher at USC and his rookie year, but he's been much better this season and even high pointed the ball a few times. For the Jags, it's not so much about Lee as it is who's around him.

The Jags have a decision to make with Robinson and it will likely be a one-year deal with him given his injury. Hurns is still under contract, though the structure is that they can get out of it with little penalty (if any).

So while I think it's possible that they release Hurns, I'm not sure they'd be willing to sign Lee long term with Robinson also due if he bounces back. 

Additionally, Dede and Cole have been terrific lately and both do a lot of what Lee brings to the table.

Dave Caldwell was instrumental in the Falcons going after Julio,  and after finding Robinson, Lee,Hurns, Dede, and Cole, it might be one of those positions that he scouts well.

It makes sense to bring back Robinson and Hurns,  and supplement with Dede and Cole. Draft a 5th guy.  If Dede or Cole breaks out next season, the team can get out of Hurns contract instead of being stuck with a new contract with Lee.

Archived