Who wins tonight?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• Colts
    • Cards
    • I’m so happy to watch football on Christmas
    • I ate too much turkey …zzzz

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I just don't get why the NFL doesn't understand that nobody likes these flag fests that have become basically every game this year. It's awful, it's a terrible product, the refereeing is as bad as it has EVER been. Something needs to change here.

• Full time refs
    • flat base salary
    • per game commission 
  • have 20 sets of refs and after each week, you need to grade out in the top 16 to get an assignment in the games 2 weeks out
    • each group gets 4 games in the first 5 weeks
  • have some accountability and not grading out above a set level would mean a reduction in possible compensation due to not being assigned a game to work

Just now, squire12 said:
  • Full time refs
    • flat base salary
    • per game commission 
  • have 20 sets of refs and after each week, you need to grade out in the top 16 to get an assignment in the games 2 weeks out
    • each group gets 4 games in the first 5 weeks
  • have some accountability and not grading out above a set level would mean a reduction in possible compensation due to not being assigned a game to work

Also set parameters with independent, outside analysis to grade each flag/non-flag situation and actively encourage less hands on officiating, less flags being thrown, less overt technical and procedural penalties that stifle the flow of a game.

Which won't happen cause those lead into commercial breaks which, $$$.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Also set parameters with independent, outside analysis to grade each flag/non-flag situation and actively encourage less hands on officiating, less flags being thrown, less overt technical and procedural penalties that stifle the flow of a game.

Which won't happen cause those lead into commercial breaks which, $$$.

I would also like to see things become more balanced vs skewed to the offense.   I get that the general public likes offense.   gambling and fantasy is so slanted toward what the offense does. 

Fundamentally, a penalty should not be such a huge swing in a game.  

DPI is a spot foul and assumes the WR catches the ball (like drops don't happen)....OPI is 10 yard penalty --  should be loss of down

offensive holding is 10 yards and repeat the down.   Defense holding is automatic 1st down

Illegal hands to the face, illegal contract is automatic first down

RB/WR can literally punch the defender in the face with a stiff arm, grab the facemask, etc with no call

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I would also like to see things become more balanced vs skewed to the offense.   I get that the general public likes offense.   gambling and fantasy is so slanted toward what the offense does. 

Fundamentally, a penalty should not be such a huge swing in a game.  

DPI is a spot foul and assumes the WR catches the ball (like drops don't happen)....OPI is 10 yard penalty --  should be loss of down

offensive holding is 10 yards and repeat the down.   Defense holding is automatic 1st down

Illegal hands to the face, illegal contract is automatic first down

RB/WR can literally punch the defender in the face with a stiff arm, grab the facemask, etc with no call

5 yard automatic first down penalties are one of my least favorite things, personally. It's a travesty that a hands to the face on 3rd and 22 gets the offense a 1st and 10.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

What were the Cardinals like when they were winning? Because this current iteration seems atrociously coached, and I just can't imagine it was like that before.

Finesse football is fun when everyone is feeling good at the start of the year but when the injuries and bad weather starts it loses a lot of effectiveness 

8 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

What were the Cardinals like when they were winning? Because this current iteration seems atrociously coached, and I just can't imagine it was like that before.

They got away with a lot when they had Hopkins (PFF:14th, DVOA:4th, FPPG:12th) and Conner (PFF:8th, DVOA:10th, FPPG:7th) in the lineup.  The latter's ability to catch surprised us.