Who wins tonight?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• Colts
    • Cards
    • I’m so happy to watch football on Christmas
    • I ate too much turkey …zzzz

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

Couldn't beat a Colts down 4 starters on D, 4 OL  and Wentz struggling most of the game.

Yeah, Dallas game is looking like a loss and then Seattle comes in.  At least Seattle is likely out of the playoffs, so who knows what happens week 18.

That last week might be for a playoff spot with a few other teams in chase at 7-7....though doubtful that NO, PHI and MIN win out with the schedules they have

If the Rams win tomorrow and next week and the Cards lose next week the Rams clinch the NFCW. The Cards collapse is real and I think Kingsbury need to be held full responsible if this fully happens again. The Cards can’t blow this division and end up the 5th seed after all that they have did the majority of the season.

The worst part about this season is the Cards lost 3 games at home where the team came in short handed with tons of players and/or coaches on covid list. Then the only road loss was against the Lions. That shouldn’t happen. Again I fully blame Kingsbury and that’s why I said I don’t fully believe in the Cards bc I don’t trust their coach. He hasn’t won on any level and the second things get real in the NFL he folds like a cheap tent. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Eagles getting a 1 for Wentz is still wild to me.

Down four starters on OL Wentz was 18-28 222 yards 2TDs and 0 Ints. Despite wanting to admit it or not he’s having a solid season overall. Finally the pick will be in the 20ish not that bad overall.

Edited by Blackstar12

It sounds boring and trite, but if you want to look at this game, better coaching decisions, key game management / game-calling mistakes, limiting mistakes by IND's O, and ST's made the difference tonight. 

ARI lowlights:

-Kingsbury burned a challenge on a play that was either 3rd and 18 or 3rd and 11 and REALLY iffy to challenge in the first place.   He then was put in a tough spot to not challenge the 1st down spot (and if it was overruled to 4th down, there's no telling what happens then).    Can attribute a 3-pt swing there.

-Decides to get away from run game, which is giving IND trouble, and go all pass.   No Kyler runs that 3Q drive, and again, very few after.    Lets Indy just get pressure on Kyler and make him beat them as a passer.   

-Goes for it on 4th and 6 - and I get it, didn't trust the holder/kicker combo.    Honestly, though, makes you question why they didn't have this sorted out well through the last 3 days, but oh well.

-Decides to kick the FG on 3rd down....which honestly, has been covered.

Meanwhile, on the IND side:

-Reich actually makes the right challenge, which gets them the ball back. 

-Wentz made 3 TO worthy plays (strip-sack with no pocket awareness, the inside throw to Pittman that was dropped by DB, and the very dubious DPI call).   So flags and a drop saved any TO's.  He made a bad read on 3rd/4th down failed gamble (keeper on RPO on 3rd, and Taylor wide open in flat for easy 1st down on 4th down).    So he made 3 TO worthy plays, but resulted in 0 TO's and 2 key mistakes that lost 1 possession.     KK gave aways pts (along with their holder issues).   That's Wentz.  He also made 2 key runs, and about 5 key throws (the TD, the 1st down to Pittman on 2nd and 17, the Alie-Cox conversion, and the 2 big plays to Hilton) that 2020 Wentz couldn't make.   Reich deserves a TON of credit in fixing his mechanics.    Sadly, this is who Wentz is - today, the TO-worthy plays didn't cost IND any more than 3 pts, and no TO's.   He's going to be vulnerable to those plays, but if the team can mitigate them (or the D can get the ball back on their own), then it's a recipe for success.

-The D (especially the S & CB backups) were awesome, with Buckner leading the way (and KK making it a lot easier on them to defend).    J-Taylor & Pittman were the key guys (along with Hilton, and that 1 play from Alie-Cox and #10).    Make no mistakes, control TOP, and capitalize on the FG problems and the 2 key mistakes (failed 4th down conversion and the safety).  

FULL credit to IND - this was their character moment win, along with BUF (should have been TAM too, but Wentz/Reich blew it there).    It probably gets them into the playoffs given they face LV/JAX next 2 weeks, and likely only need 1W now.   No Leonard, no S Willis no IOL and then no Fisher either.    Yes, ARI missed their C and their holder and no Nuk/Moore - but they're going to have to live with no Nuk for a while.    Winning on the road, nothing but props to IND. 

Edited by Broncofan

Im more worried about how Kyler Murray looks without Hopkins than the Cards overall.   Its not good when your QB is THAT reliant on one player...although its not like the Cards have many weapons beyond him.

They need to bring in another playmaker so that if this happens again, Murray wont fall off the same cliff.

35 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It sounds boring and trite, but if you want to look at this game, better coaching decisions, key game management / game-calling mistakes, limiting mistakes by IND's O, and ST's made the difference tonight. 

ARI lowlights:

-Kingsbury burned a challenge on a play that was either 3rd and 18 or 3rd and 11 and REALLY iffy to challenge in the first place.   He then was put in a tough spot to not challenge the 1st down spot (and if it was overruled to 4th down, there's no telling what happens then).    Can attribute a 3-pt swing there.

-Decides to get away from run game, which is giving IND trouble, and go all pass.   No Kyler runs that 3Q drive, and again, very few after.    Lets Indy just get pressure on Kyler and make him beat them as a passer.   

-Goes for it on 4th and 6 - and I get it, didn't trust the holder/kicker combo.    Honestly, though, makes you question why they didn't have this sorted out well through the last 3 days, but oh well.

-Decides to kick the FG on 3rd down....which honestly, has been covered.

Meanwhile, on the IND side:

-Reich actually makes the right challenge, which gets them the ball back. 

-Wentz made 3 TO worthy plays (strip-sack with no pocket awareness, the inside throw to Pittman that was dropped by DB, and the very dubious DPI call).   So flags and a drop saved any TO's.  He made a bad read on 3rd/4th down failed gamble (keeper on RPO on 3rd, and Taylor wide open in flat for easy 1st down on 4th down).    So he made 3 TO worthy plays, but resulted in 0 TO's and 2 key mistakes that lost 1 possession.     KK gave aways pts (along with their holder issues).   That's Wentz.  He also made 2 key runs, and about 5 key throws (the TD, the 1st down to Pittman on 2nd and 17, the Alie-Cox conversion, and the 2 big plays to Hilton) that 2020 Wentz couldn't make.   Reich deserves a TON of credit in fixing his mechanics.    Sadly, this is who Wentz is - today, the TO-worthy plays didn't cost IND any more than 3 pts, and no TO's.   He's going to be vulnerable to those plays, but if the team can mitigate them (or the D can get the ball back on their own), then it's a recipe for success.

-The D (especially the S & CB backups) were awesome, with Buckner leading the way (and KK making it a lot easier on them to defend).    J-Taylor & Pittman were the key guys (along with Hilton, and that 1 play from Alie-Cox and #10).    Make no mistakes, control TOP, and capitalize on the FG problems and the 2 key mistakes (failed 4th down conversion and the safety).  

FULL credit to IND - this was their character moment win, along with BUF (should have been TAM too, but Wentz/Reich blew it there).    It probably gets them into the playoffs given they face LV/JAX next 2 weeks, and likely only need 1W now.   No Leonard, no S Willis no IOL and then no Fisher either.    Yes, ARI missed their C and their holder and no Nuk/Moore - but they're going to have to live with no Nuk for a while.    Winning on the road, nothing but props to IND. 

That challenge was awful and losing it caused him not to challenge the Wentz spot that was short later on.  I don’t criticize play calling but he routinely blows decisions that are strictly on him.  He’s a coordinator that should’ve never had HC responsibilities.

Not defending Kyler because he’s not a grinder and will never be elite because of it but the snaps are getting ridiculous.  He’s been dealing with it all year and they’re snaps that normal sized QB’s wouldn’t snag.  They’re turning games and killing the offense.  He doesn’t play well thru frustration.

16 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

That challenge was awful and losing it caused him not to challenge the Wentz spot that was short later on.  I don’t criticize play calling but he routinely blows decisions that are strictly on him.  He’s a coordinator that should’ve never had HC responsibilities.

Not defending Kyler because he’s not a grinder and will never be elite because of it but the snaps are getting ridiculous.  He’s been dealing with it all year and they’re snaps that normal sized QB’s wouldn’t snag.  They’re turning games and killing the offense.  He doesn’t play well thru frustration.

It was a backup C but that safety, and the 2 other blown snaps, certainly hurt ARI in a big way, along with the ST issues with the backup holder. 

The crazy part is usually Wentz mistakes + Reich game management mistakes > opponent's mistakes at QB & coaching game management by a fair margin.   The problems in ST, the challenge usage, and the game management decisions made by KK all were something I'm used to seeing IND do it.   It's safe to say that was the margin in this game.  Nothing but credit to IND, playing a mistake-free game is tough to do, and Wentz did make 5 bad plays, 3 of which were TO-worthy - but none of them resulted in a TO (other than TO on downs with the miss on J-Taylor being wide open, but that was the least impactful mistake of the 5 plays in terms of potential).

Honestly the one thing KK could do to make it easier on Kyler is call more mobile pockets, or even RPO pass options.   Dropping him straight back with no Nuk is pretty much playing into the D's hands.  That's a criticism I have to throw KK's way.

Edited by Broncofan