Josh Gordon is back

sdrawkcab321

37 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I predict a 33% improvement if josh gordon remains sober.

132 receptions 2501 yards 13 TDs and a long of 99 yards.  

Not bad really. 

Maybe he plays worse cause he will be playing tighter and not loose and relaxed. No wonder he couldn’t run good routes, he wouldn’t even be able to walk a line lol

Just now, buno67 said:

Maybe he plays worse cause he will be playing tighter and not loose and relaxed. No wonder he couldn’t run good routes, he wouldn’t even be able to walk a line lol

quite possibly. 

sue as hell going to an upgrade tho boo. 

Hopefully when having Coleman  and Gordon on the field for Kizer he actually shows something. He seems so timid throwing over the middle. Maybe having two legit WRs on the field will help him. It be nice to not have to draft a QB next draft 

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Hopefully when having Coleman  and Gordon on the field for Kizer he actually shows something. He seems so timid throwing over the middle. Maybe having two legit WRs on the field will help him. It be nice to not have to draft a QB next draft 

Only way that happens is if we sign Cousins, and even then, I'm not so sure.

He will have a great 5 games and bring peoples hopes up which is the good news.  The bad news is that the season will end and he will have the whole off season without anything to preoccupy his time, which means he will most likely fall off the wagon again and get busted for weed or alcohol.  It is inevitable.  It would be nice if I was wrong but I just don't trust him.

Peace!!!

5 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Assuming Gordon is now straight, for good, stays healthy, and has not lost any of his speed, the one question is, will he be as strong and physical after losing 30 lbs?

He is the most physically gifted WR since Randy Moss and is probably top 2 all time at the position in terms of physical gifting. 

He can probably play at a pro bowl level at 240, 230 or 215 pounds. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is the most physically gifted WR since Randy Moss and is probably top 2 all time at the position in terms of physical gifting. 

He can probably play at a pro bowl level at 240, 230 or 215 pounds. 

Calvin Johnson is above him. I think Julio Jones would be too. I would also say Martavis Bryant is up there.

29 minutes ago, bruceb said:

If his head is on straight Gordon will catch the ball.

Bigger question is whether we have a QB who can get him the ball?

If Gordon can return to his former self, then he'll make plays. I mean, he played at an elite level with QBs like Brandon Weeden throwing him the ball.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Calvin Johnson is above him. I think Julio Jones would be too. I would also say Martavis Bryant is up there.

I am speaking about raw gifting rather than actualised talent and both Julio and Calvin have put a lot more effort into their physical conditioning than dear Josh. 

I think Josh has the best functional speed i have seen since Randy and I would only put tyre hill ahead of him in that regard. 

Josh is also excellent at leaping, catching along with amazing size and exceptional fluidity in his movements. 

he also tracks the ball in the air extremely well. 

If Josh reforms his character to not only sobriety but also great work ethic, all will be revealed in terms of how talented he is. 

A big part of Gordon also was physicality.  Catching the contested balls, beating the jam at the line of scrimmage, this is the strength I am wondering about while 30 lbs lighter.  Regarding Kizer/Weeden.  They were pretty different, but results are about the same.  Kizer has better mobility, but he  has atrocious accuracy, and he processes the game mentally at a snails pace.  Weeden was not very accurate, a statue, but he processed faster than Kizer.  Both had a very strong arm.

Archived