Josh Gordon is back

sdrawkcab321

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Braylon suffered off the field from an inflated ego. 

On the field it was as much concentration as his hands. He could make an incredible leaping/twisting catch and then two minutes later drop a 3 yard slant. 

If always remember him jumping unnecessarily to catch everything and me yelling at the TV to just catch it and run.

Frustrating player to watch.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If always remember him jumping unnecessarily to catch everything and me yelling at the TV to just catch it and run.

Frustrating player to watch.

I remember when i thought we had the best WR/TE combo in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Me too.

We were gonna get like 3 first rounders for a groomed Brady Quinn too, because Anderception was gonna be the GOAT.

there is a fine line between defensive genius and befuddled idiot, it is called Romeo Crennel. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Me too.

We were gonna get like 3 first rounders for a groomed Brady Quinn too, because Anderception was gonna be the GOAT.

Eric Steinbach and LeCharles Bentley were going to be a dominant interior line as well.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Jerry Rice and Torry Holt each had a year that was comparable in yards and YPC over a full season but there hasn't been many instances of that type of volume combined with that YPC average.

I believe Randy Moss would in that list too. His rookie year I believe he avg like 19 or 20 YPC. 

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Or how about just watching the games where one was a man among boys and the other had a good year as a WR. It's buno though so this is to be expected.

Are we really that far removed from that 07 season with Edwards that we forget how good he really was that year? Dude was a redzone monster that year and was one of the main reasons DA was a "pro-bowl" QB.  Also how can we claim Edwards was just a good year and Gordon's year cant be considered that? At this point both seasons can be mainly viewed as one hit wonders. 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I believe Randy Moss would in that list too. His rookie year I believe he avg like 19 or 20 YPC. 

He had a few hundred less yards though.

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Also how can we claim Edwards was just a good year and Gordon's year cant be considered that? At this point both seasons can be mainly viewed as one hit wonders. 

The only thing special about Edwards' year was the touchdowns. He had 4 100 yard games. Gordon had like almost 800 yards over a 4 game stretch.

Because one has been retired several years and the other has played 5 games since his great season?

39 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Just watching his highlights, when he is on, he is just looks another level to others out there

Yeah it doesn't even seem fair. Could have realistically have been the best ever or at least had an argument made for him had he stayed on the field and focused.

24 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah it doesn't even seem fair. Could have realistically have been the best ever or at least had an argument made for him had he stayed on the field and focused.

Maybe, but that requires a lot of things going his way health wise, etc.

Either way, he had the makings of a perennial pro bowler.  1000 yards and 8+ TD's every damned year.

Prolly cost himself an easy 30-50 million bucks at this point too, if not far more.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

ah brady vs derek days

to be so simple again

The sad thing is they both lost miserably. We all lost miserably. 
The 2008 Offseason was great also, we kept the core of the team, we expected Anderson to grow and we got Shaun Rogers and that DE from GB. We were playoff contenders until week 1 of the season. 

Archived