Week 17 SNF Vikings @ Packers: Postgame - Packers WIN 37-10, CLINCH #1 seed!

FAH1223

56 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Play the starters a half and just be smart about it. If Rodgers has pressure in his face just fall over and don't try to extend the play. Game means nothing outside of padding season stats so no need to try and worry about making a play.

perfect scenario is them actually getting off to a fast start in the 1st quarter and then shutting things down and getting the backups in

If I’m Det, I’m hitting 12 past the echo of every whistle.  Neither team can change their draft position outside of Jax beating Ind which would give Det incentive to tank but that’s not happening.

We’ll see how long starters play for but outside of stat padding, there is nothing to gain. It also adds to the narrative that 12 is insecure about 10 and the toe is bs. 

6 hours ago, Refugee said:

If I’m Det, I’m hitting 12 past the echo of every whistle.  Neither team can change their draft position outside of Jax beating Ind which would give Det incentive to tank but that’s not happening.

We’ll see how long starters play for but outside of stat padding, there is nothing to gain. It also adds to the narrative that 12 is insecure about 10 and the toe is bs. 

Remember the 1st game of the year when the Packers didn't play a starter in the preseason?  Humiliation is about the right word.  Not saying they should play everybody for the full game but resting starters for over 2 weeks may not be the right answer either.  Getting the "just right" amount of play will be essential; I trust Packer brass to make the correct decision.

Congrats on the win. 

While I can't root for a division rival, I still believe GB easily has the best team in the league and will win the Superbowl. This is Rodgers swan song from the Pack I think, and that motivation should be enough to get over the hump.

The next time we play maybe neither team will have dummies for QBs haha

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Refugee said:

players dont have incentive to tank.

The Detroit game 17 can be summed up by:

Love, love, love
Love, love, love
Love, love, love

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy

Nothing you can make that can't be made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do, but you can learn how to be you in time
It's easy

All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

7 hours ago, Refugee said:

Rodgers want: 4000 yards and the MVP. It has nothing to do with Love. Love has not demonstrated he's ready for prime time. If they can work the financials out, Green Bay wants Rodgers back in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Congrats on the win. 

While I can't root for a division rival, I still believe GB easily has the best team in the league and will win the Superbowl. This is Rodgers swan song from the Pack I think, and that motivation should be enough to get over the hump.

The next time we play maybe neither team will have dummies for QBs haha

Thanks! In your opinion, what is the Vikings plan minus Cousins? How do you move on from a guy with 35 million guaranteed? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Thanks! In your opinion, what is the Vikings plan minus Cousins? How do you move on from a guy with 35 million guaranteed? 

I think they agree to find a team to trade with, and maybe eat some of his contract.

Minnesota probably should move on from Zimmer and Spielman and go for a fresh look. While neither are bad, they aren't the right people for the job anymore. With a new FO, I'd look to find a new longterm QB. Maybe they'll stop paying monster contracts to RBs too lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think they agree to find a team to trade with, and maybe eat some of his contract.

Minnesota probably should move on from Zimmer and Spielman and go for a fresh look. While neither are bad, they aren't the right people for the job anymore. With a new FO, I'd look to find a new longterm QB. Maybe they'll stop paying monster contracts to RBs too lol

Had we not just signed a new DC I’d love to have Zimmer as our DC with this offense. 

• Like 1