Jaguars RB James Robinson tears Achilles

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, Abe56 said:

Always sucks to hear, but If Cam Akers is any inspiration, he could be back before training camp

I brought this up in the Rams subforum with regard to Akers' situation: It's really going to depend on the severity of "tear" for Robinson.  The word tear is the fallback used commonly in reporting and some of that may be a lack of what all medical information is actually disclosed to the media and what isn't, or it could just be lazy reporting by the media, using terms that the general public will know (and in a click-based media environment, being a little misleading by using terminology that could sound worse than it is to drive clicks).  What constitutes a "tear" can be a wide array of things; sprains are technically tiny tears of the muscle or ligament.  But the layman hears "tear" and, by and large, their mind goes straight to a tear the nature of a complete rupture (where the fiber is severed in two), and it could be that, but it likely isn't that severe because if it's a rupture, it would (and has in the past) been reported as a rupture.

There are more success cases than just Akers (and we've yet to see his on-field product in return, just seen his elevated recovery time), but given his age, lack of wear on his body, and medical advances, Robinson is likely on a scale of somewhere between Akers (7 mos) and D'Onta Foreman (2 years), but it's not a career-ender, likely, that it once was.  I'd wager we'll see him back and at least moderately successful in the league, it just may not be with the Jags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Not to rain on any parades, but Akers is the exception... not the rule.

Seems recovery times are getting quicker with some of these injuries. Akers obviously has been insanely quick (assuming he plays in the coming weeks), but I'd also mention Kwon Alexander tore his late December last season, and was playing in the season opener for is this season, so there is some hope for Robinson to bounce back next season for the Jaguars.

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Landon tore his ACL which is knee related.  Achilles is  more towards the back of the ankle/heel

It's usually similar (projected) recovery times for the two injuries though? I know Jason Peters ruptured his Achilles and came back at the start of the next season. Not sure how ruptures compare to tears tho.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

It's usually similar (projected) recovery times for the two injuries though?

No 2 injuries are alike.  I suppose it depends on the severity of the tear but ACL is around 9 months-1 year to play but then u go and add another year to gain confidence in it. 

I've heard Achilles injuries going Akers fast to pretty much Foreman missing over a lil over a  year

On 12/28/2021 at 12:43 PM, Dr LBC said:

I brought this up in the Rams subforum with regard to Akers' situation: It's really going to depend on the severity of "tear" for Robinson.  The word tear is the fallback used commonly in reporting and some of that may be a lack of what all medical information is actually disclosed to the media and what isn't, or it could just be lazy reporting by the media, using terms that the general public will know (and in a click-based media environment, being a little misleading by using terminology that could sound worse than it is to drive clicks).  What constitutes a "tear" can be a wide array of things; sprains are technically tiny tears of the muscle or ligament.  But the layman hears "tear" and, by and large, their mind goes straight to a tear the nature of a complete rupture (where the fiber is severed in two), and it could be that, but it likely isn't that severe because if it's a rupture, it would (and has in the past) been reported as a rupture.

There are more success cases than just Akers (and we've yet to see his on-field product in return, just seen his elevated recovery time), but given his age, lack of wear on his body, and medical advances, Robinson is likely on a scale of somewhere between Akers (7 mos) and D'Onta Foreman (2 years), but it's not a career-ender, likely, that it once was.  I'd wager we'll see him back and at least moderately successful in the league, it just may not be with the Jags.

I was on board with everything you typed, until I got to the last sentence. The Jacksonville Jaguars deserve nice things! 

Spoiler

Although, that does not mean they will ever get them. 

10 hours ago, Jags said:

I was on board with everything you typed, until I got to the last sentence. The Jacksonville Jaguars deserve nice things! 

Hide contents

Although, that does not mean they will ever get them. 

I'm sorry, my friend, but I'm sure that you've realized by now... God hates Jags.

On 12/28/2021 at 1:21 PM, tyler735 said:

Seems recovery times are getting quicker with some of these injuries. Akers obviously has been insanely quick (assuming he plays in the coming weeks), but I'd also mention Kwon Alexander tore his late December last season, and was playing in the season opener for is this season, so there is some hope for Robinson to bounce back next season for the Jaguars.

Yeah Kwon tore his and looks every bit the player he did last year. Modern science is amazing.