What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?

brownie man

What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?

• Keep The QB Depth Chart As Is - Resigning Keenum
    • Trade For Deshaun Watson
    • Trade For Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade for Russel Wilson
    • Trade for a different QB to compete with Baker
    • Sign a QB in Free Agency
    • Draft a QB First Round
    • Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd Rounds
    • Draft a QB 4th round or Later

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2022 at 08:38 PM

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And it was an ongoing pattern of behavior, not a one time event like Hunt.

And it happened during like the peak of the “me too” stuff when behavior like this was a front page headline regularly.

Well hunt did have some other issues come out at some bars, think like 1 or 2 other incidents nothing like the hotel incident.  not in the 20s like Watson. 

Just now, buno67 said:

Well hunt did have some other issues come out at some bars, think like 1 or 2 other incidents nothing like the hotel incident.  not in the 20s like Watson. 

Yeah, minor stuff, like a lot of folks.  No one is saying we need choir boys, but I typically fall short of endorsing sexual predators.

I really thought the last decade of people clowning Roethlisberger for being a rapist was because they viewed his behavior as abhorrent, not just because he played for the Steelers.

Maybe it was just that simple?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe, but Hunt kicking a woman in the arse for dropping an N bomb on him isn’t the same as being a sexual predator.

I get your point and you’re probably not wrong, but that’s not an easy dude to root for.

No, I get it but over the last few years I've learned to use my emotional attachment for those people in my life I can actually touch and reserve my feelings for things done on the field. For me personally, I would probably have a stroke worrying about what these guys do on their own time 

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

No, I get it but over the last few years I've learned to use my emotional attachment for those people in my life I can actually touch and reserve my feelings for things done on the field. For me personally, I would probably have a stroke worrying about what these guys do on their own time 

For me the two aren’t necessarily separated.

For example, how do I explain to my boys why I’m rooting for such a horrific human?  What message does that send? And it would be one thing if he were just some piece of the puzzle, but he’d be the face of the franchise.

”Hey dad, I want a Watson jersey for Christmas” is just… ugh..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For example, how do I explain to my boys why I’m rooting for such a horrific human?  What message does that send? And it would be one thing if he were just some piece of the puzzle, but he’d be the face of the franchise.

Dude morals go out the window when you have a chance at an elite QB /s

• Like 4

On 12/29/2021 at 9:10 AM, mtmmike said:

He beat Lamar this year

And came within a touchdown of beating Mahomes and rodgers 

How many active Qbs beat Mahones,Rodgers,and Lamar in the same year.

No need to answer silence is Golden. 

What on earth is your point here? Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, and if we somehow did beat G.B., it wouldn't have been a Mayfield win, it would have been a team win despite Mayfield.

Couple questions of my own:

How many active QBs have thrown more INTs than Mayfield over the last 4 years? How many good QBs have had more misses, batted balls, bad reads, or a lower completion percentage? 

These seem to be more relevant stats than a strange hypothetical pulled out of thin air. I wanted so bad for Baker to be the answer, and I like him as a leader, but I don't think there's a human being with eyeballs who can say that as a passer "yes, he's the answer". 

If we acquire Watson, who btw, I was adamant about wanting when he came out, I am going to take a break from Cleveland Browns football and reassess my life and priorities. I can't endorse an "alleged" serial rapist and don't personally believe 25+ people colluded against him. For those who disagree, I get it and you're free to do so...

"He's going to play somewhere why not here?"

"He's going to be hard to beat and we could have him"

"It's all about what he does for my team and I don't care about him as a person"

I understand and get all of that, and usually I'm actually there with you, but in this case, no chance for me personally.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we acquire Watson, who btw, I was adamant about wanting when he came out, I am going to take a break from Cleveland Browns football and reassess my life and priorities. I can't endorse an "alleged" serial rapist and don't personally believe 25+ people colluded against him. For those who disagree, I get it and you're free to do so...

"It's all about what he does for my team and I don't care about him as a person"

I understand and get all of that, and usually I'm actually there with you, but in this case, no chance for me personally.

Yeah, as badly as I want the Browns to win and have the answer at QB, I can't get behind a guy like that. There are way more important things than football. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

What on earth is your point here? Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, and if we somehow did beat G.B., it wouldn't have been a Mayfield win, it would have been a team win despite Mayfield.

Couple questions of my own:

How many active QBs have thrown more INTs than Mayfield over the last 4 years? How many good QBs have had more misses, batted balls, bad reads, or a lower completion percentage? 

These seem to be more relevant stats than a strange hypothetical pulled out of thin air. I wanted so bad for Baker to be the answer, and I like him as a leader, but I don't think there's a human being with eyeballs who can say that as a passer "yes, he's the answer". 

Paul Bearer Dance GIF by Jason Clarke

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As a dude with 3 (iirc) daughters, I’m not sure there’s another answer here.

• Like 1

Rodgers, Watson or WIlson are not coming here.

Most they can do is throw a hail mary in the draft and pray that the QB is better than expected. Its not the year for it. 

Like it or not, right now Baker has the highest odds to start next season unless Stefanski runs him out.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I do understand the not wanting to root for a "dirtbag" of a human being, and I honestly can't say I know much about what Watson is being accused of.  There is obviously a pattern of inappropriate sexual behavior that can't be overlooked.  What I want to see, however, is how this plays out in the court system, before I say forget this guy.  I mentioned before that one of the things I did see, was that the Dolphins trade would have gone through, except for the fact that 4 of the 22 accusers had held out from getting paid off.  If there are 22 victims, then I want to see them all stand up in court, and point at Watson, and say "I don't want a dime, but I do want to see this scu.ba. prosecuted.

2 minutes ago, Browns1987 said:

Rodgers, Watson or WIlson are not coming here.

Most they can do is throw a hail mary in the draft and pray that the QB is better than expected. Its not the year for it. 

Like it or not, right now Baker has the highest odds to start next season unless Stefanski runs him out.

No way he runs him out if he wouldn’t even bench him when he’s been injured enough and playing poorly enough to justify it for 2 months.