The future of Darren Waller as a Raider

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Waller?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do wither Waller?

• Re-sign him to a huge money deal (Likely becoming the highest paid TE, $15M+ per season)
    • Trade him for a large package while we can (Picks and/or prospects?)
    • He should honor his contract so stay put (If/when he asks for more money, don't budge and force him to sit out if he refuses to play)

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Drew Rosenhaus… uh oh. He is gonna want a record breaking TE contract, and he will get it, even if he gets that contract from another team. 

I am fine trading him for the right price.  This would also have to take into account that the draft is over and any compensation for next year holds less value.  So if we get a 1st next year that is the same as getting a 2nd in the 2022 draft.  That makes anything less than a first unacceptable.  If we trade I think McDaniels next phone call would be to Gronk.

• Like 1

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I am fine trading him for the right price.  This would also have to take into account that the draft is over and any compensation for next year holds less value.  So if we get a 1st next year that is the same as getting a 2nd in the 2022 draft.  That makes anything less than a first unacceptable.  If we trade I think McDaniels next phone call would be to Gronk.

What makes this offense so appealing is three monsters catching the football. I am way less excited about this offense if we lose Waller. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What makes this offense so appealing is three monsters catching the football. I am way less excited about this offense if we lose Waller. 

I am fine either way as long as there is value.  I do have to admit my previous points on other matters regarding going all in and then getting rid of people applies here also.  If we are going to move him I would prefer to do it next offseason before the draft that way we have something in return for the year we lose him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am fine either way as long as there is value.  I do have to admit my previous points on other matters regarding going all in and then getting rid of people applies here also.  If we are going to move him I would prefer to do it next offseason before the draft that way we have something in return for the year we lose him.

Without Waller this year I don’t think we are a playoff team. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Without Waller this year I don’t think we are a playoff team. 

I think we are less dynamic but we could pick up Gronk and not have to much fall off.  He would cost about the same also.  I like Waller as a player but I think this year or next would be a good time to trade him.  If he gets hurt and misses time again this year that alone will remove him from the elite status.  I personally do not value TE that highly although Waller is a tremendous weapon.  If I could get a Pro Bowl RT for him I would pull the trigger.

Also we were 4-2 without Waller last year and he missed most of the playoff run, missed 4 of the last five games and only had 4 catches for 55 yards in the last 2 he played in, so you could say we were a playoff team last year without him.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1