BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

For me, it’s that multiple times I have been leading on a player for 16, 20, 23 hours and then someone comes in to bid the exact minimum. And then I immediately bid the minimum required, and another 16+ hours go by and the exact same thing happens. Some of these offers have been dragged out for three days with nonsense like that.

What is the point? How do you realistically see this playing out? I don’t care that you’re bidding against me, but at least have enough respect for my time to make a serious offer if you’re only going to bid once a day.

This is why when rack bid me up after two rounds of back and forths on Braxton Jones to $750 I just jumped the bid up to 2000 then he bid over that and I let him go (to be fair to rack all his bids were over the minimum)

But everyone has different styles and they want to get the player as cheap as possible. I get it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

For me, it’s that multiple times I have been leading on a player for 16, 20, 23 hours and then someone comes in to bid the exact minimum. And then I immediately bid the minimum required, and another 16+ hours go by and the exact same thing happens. Some of these offers have been dragged out for three days with nonsense like that.

What is the point? How do you realistically see this playing out? I don’t care that you’re bidding against me, but at least have enough respect for my time to make a serious offer if you’re only going to bid once a day.

to be fair, raising the minumum while complaining about people raising the minimum is a bit contradictory

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

But everyone has different styles and they want to get the player as cheap as possible. I get it

My two upbids were to reset the clock to see if I got my other bid first before making more moves. There is strategy to this as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I see this playing out the same as if we spent a couple hours back and forth bidding except now it has to take place over a couple of days where BDL would be doing nothing else. 

26 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What drives me nuts is the shark tank has been going on for 3 days right. And it seems to me maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that there there are guys that genuinely have no interest in certain players until certain owners bid on them.

Then they are like oh man I need this player I gotta bif this up

I know what you are feeling. I have felt the same in other similar exercises. The more fair version and what I think happens, is that actually some guys haven’t done that much research on who they’re targeting. They just know positions they’re worried about, and as they see certain players named at those positions they think “oh, he can work”. It could’ve maybe been player A, B, or C. But it’s whatever player you name first. LoL, just my hunch.

I don’t think they’re actually picking on any owner in particular. 

Could also be the theory someone else mentioned, that they’re hoping to get someone on waivers but once they’re named here, they have to make a move

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This is why when rack bid me up after two rounds of back and forths on Braxton Jones to $750 I just jumped the bid up to 2000 then he bid over that and I let him go (to be fair to rack all his bids were over the minimum)

Which is greatly appreciated! MD4L did the same with DJ Reader. All I ask is that people show they’re serious about trying to get that player if it’s going to be long gaps between rebids. What’s happening now is like the small stack making a min raise in a heads-up game against chip lead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

My two upbids were to reset the clock to see if I got my other bid first before making more moves. There is strategy to this as well.

I’ve basically done contract wars and stopped by mid day so other offers process. Having more salary gives leverage in how to go about business.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

to be fair, raising the minumum while complaining about people raising the minimum is a bit contradictory

No, it’s not. I’m not the one waiting half a day or longer to bid. I’m the one with more cap space. There’s no reason for me to bid higher than the minimum because I know I have them covered.

• Like 1

I don’t have an issue with the way any of you are doing anything. It’s the game of the tank. As much as it sucks to lose players there is still enjoyment to be had in the process. Like I said last year I finally learned to just enjoy the league and the process and let game results become secondary. It really helped me have a greater appreciation for the league and not have such big negative reactions to losing. Now this is just me and I know it won’t be the same for everyone but it helped me. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I don’t have an issue with the way any of you are doing anything. It’s the game of the tank.

I agree, it's a game. But I know the feeling of someone purposely waiting for the last minute to bid on a player. When something is purposely done to be contentious....it's bound to get contentious. 

• Like 1