BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

11 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@Pickle Rick @Ragnarok @Blue @MD4L @Whicker @wwhickok @PR @RuskieTitan @rackcs @EaglesPeteC 

Apologies for all the tags but looking for your opinions on this adjustment to the team roster sheets within the workbook.

I'm thinking it would be helpful for you guys to see what the future cap and the rosters would look like by simply changing the contract year.

Let me know what you guys think, if you like it I'll make the adjustments to all the team rosters in the workbook.  If you don't care then I won't continue.

Thanks

Go for it.  

I usually write mine out by hand so I can include RFA, ERFA, etc, but this would be helpful.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I already have an Excel sheet tracking all of this, would be nice to be able to check that info for other people.

awesome.  If you don't know me I get pretty stupid with these workbooks, always looking for ways to make improvements and the likes...haha.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Go for it.  

I usually write mine out by hand so I can include RFA, ERFA, etc, but this would be helpful.

If I had all the details on how rfa/erfa, etc gets calculated into the cap I can include it all in the workbook, but for now I'm just looking to do the basics.  Would need some help on figuring out how the rest is added or subtracted from the cap.

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

If I had all the details on how rfa/erfa, etc gets calculated into the cap I can include it all in the workbook, but for now I'm just looking to do the basics.  Would need some help on figuring out how the rest is added or subtracted from the cap.

RFA is tricky because the amount varies based on tender level but it’s always a 1 year deal. ERFA is always 2 years and $500/year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I don't see anything with Anchorage. Does it not work in view only?

Oh I didn't realize it was in view only mode.  I'll change it so that you guys can edit certain cells.

I just finished making the changes to all team rosters.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I don't see anything with Anchorage. Does it not work in view only?

Okay...You'll have to log out and back in but it's set up now to edit those cells I mentioned.

This will also allow you guys to use the trade block section as well.

Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Ok...Using your team roster @Scoundrel if you or whomever is interested in checking it out, I've added a drop down list in cell F12, that allows you to change the contract year from 2022 to a future year.  Once changed it will adjust the team roster listing as well as the League cap and team cap info.  

There is other things that will affect the cap like 3 up/down and the draft but I'll need to learn more about how that affects the future cap before making those changes.

Anyway, please check it out in the Anchorage Trappers sheet and let me know if you guys think it would be helpful or not.

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uBjcFFaaF1apCSBgF7FIp65jeH7ew6K4YTOaqXmgBCI/edit#gid=32441151

This is sweet. Thanks a lot.

Just now, Jlash said:

This is sweet. Thanks a lot.

Can do a lot more, but I need to get with all the guys that are updating the workbook to ensure I'm not making it difficult for all of them to update.  So far all I've done is just changing a few formulas to pull data.

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

I should be ready to go before the BDL draft.

You can teach me a thing or two.  I'm pretty solid when it comes to excel but programming is out of my wheelhouse, but VBA in excel you can do so much more than what I'm doing now and VBA takes hardly any calculation speed so it's virtually instant.

I'm jealous.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Can do a lot more, but I need to get with all the guys that are updating the workbook to ensure I'm not making it difficult for all of them to update.  So far all I've done is just changing a few formulas to pull data.

It shouldn't mess up anything from an updating standpoint,  if I'm reading the new formulas correctly.

Should just continue on like normal with the database and the team work books will take care of it all.

• Like 1

Just now, RedGold said:

It shouldn't mess up anything from an updating standpoint,  if I'm reading the new formulas correctly.

Should just continue on like normal with the database and the team work books will take care of it all.

Correct.  Nothing changed that would require you guys to do anything more.

I get why you guys deleted some of the other sheets because it required doing more but what I did here doesn't increase your workload.  I'm assuming that is why the draft board and free agency bidding was deleted.  I'm to slow in the head to keep up with the draft or fa bidding when done in the forum, haha.  I have to use the workbooks for that stuff....haha

• Like 1