WFT to reveal new name on Feb 2

biggie.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

LOL. He's that dumb. That being said, we've had two leaks so far. How many different other names will be leaked?

Probably 2 -3 more and then his Big Surprise will be.....WTF, excuse me WFT remains the name. Be such a Snyder publicity type move, Watch! 👍

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Probably 2 -3 more and then his Big Surprise will be.....WTF, excuse me WFT remains the name. Be such a Snyder publicity type move, Watch! 👍

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

10 bucks says it's the Red Hogs.

You guys underestime Dan Snyders desire to "appear" to be "trying" to be progressive and politically correct now. With all this stuff around him and "his" franchise, they will certainly go with something military related and something they can try to brand as "American" and "Rich with tradition."

This cash cow has to bring him money, even if they never sniff a championship or even mediocrity, it has to make money.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

You guys underestime Dan Snyders desire to "appear" to be "trying" to be progressive and politically correct now. With all this stuff around him and "his" franchise, they will certainly go with something military related and something they can try to brand as "American" and "Rich with tradition."

This cash cow has to bring him money, even if they never sniff a championship or even mediocrity, it has to make money.

Branding as American without changing the colors makes no sense though.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense he's going with Red Hogs since he isn't tryign to be PC and he's not a creative person at all. Not like that is super creative. It's Hogs cause of the 80s OL and Red because they want to keep that as a FU to the people who made them change the name.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Branding as American without changing the colors makes no sense though.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense he's going with Red Hogs since he isn't tryign to be PC and he's not a creative person at all. Not like that is super creative. It's Hogs cause of the 80s OL and Red because they want to keep that as a FU to the people who made them change the name.

Snyder doesn't care about tradition or history. He is an absolute financially motivated person. He knows that he can "improve" his public appearance by going with something military (he will lose all (most) of the old faithful fans) and he will continue to rake in money while never improving as an owner. He has been the owner for this team for over 20 years and he is doing the same stupid stuff he did year 1. Some people never change.

The botched Sean Taylor ceremony where they positoned his family in front of the portable toilets, to Patrick Mahomes' brother being able to stand on the tribute painted on the field and the timing of the announcement, all show he doesn't care about fans. The stadium has been one of the worst for the past 10 years. The piping for the stadium has fallen apart more than once this year and recently the railing gave way hurting Eagles fans. The organization from the top down is a disaster and it is doing the entire NFL a disservice to allow him to remain the owner of a once proud franchise.

Not completely related, but I received a letter "from him" (as most fans did I'm sure) two years ago during the push for a name change that emphatically stated he would NEVER change he name. His financial sponsors/partnerships drew a hard line and the name was removed. He doesn't care about indigenous people, the change was never about that for him, its all financial.

If you can't tell, I despise Dan Snyder and wish him the worst.

Edited by Slappy Mc

I saw a video about leopards on Tik Tok this morning. They’re actually really badass animals that carry their prey up into trees and then drop them. I’ve seen several strip clubs with Leopard in the name so I always thought of them as kind of feminine, although not as feminine as cheetahs. But apparently not. And no other sports teams have that name. So yeah. They should do that. Drop these government names and Red_______s.

Announcing almost a month in advance that they'll be sharing a franchise-changing decision, kinda makes it feel like they're sitting on the same 2-3 names they have been for years and are trying to see what twitter thinks before deciding.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a leaning, but aren't technically fully committed to it yet.

Why wait a month to announce it? It's not like the Kraken, there is no hype here.... we're just waiting to see how hard we get to laugh.

Edited by Dome