The Boys - Season 3 - June 3rd

Deadpulse

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

They are being shocking just to be shocking and not to advance the story, and it's getting old.  Only so many times you can go back to the same gimmick.  About the only real moment I felt this episode was A-Train seeing the joy on the kids face seeing a hero actually help someone.  The Butcher realization at the end was solid.  They made a 35 minute episode over an hour though, so it was a bit of slog to get there.

The Zendeya safe word literally was the best part.  Otherwise that dungeon scene could have been skipped.    Agree that A-train & JDM final scene were the best parts.  

I’ll be happy to eat my words next year but I really feel like they’re stretching 1 season’s worth of story telling over 2 seasons.  And basically using these gross out scenes to get them to play the string out this year to get them to S5.  

Edited by Broncofan

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 4:00 PM, Broncofan said:

The Zendeya safe word literally was the best part.  Otherwise that dungeon scene could have been skipped.    Agree that A-train & JDM final scene were the best parts.  

I’ll be happy to eat my words next year but I really feel like they’re stretching 1 season’s worth of story telling over 2 seasons.  And basically using these gross out scenes to get them to play the string out this year to get them to S5.  

Feel like they needed the dungeon scene to the info they needed but yeah, it was a little dragged out for the sake of shock value. I still got some laughs out of it

I liked the episode but I tend to be easily amused lol. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Feel like they needed the dungeon scene to the info they needed but yeah, it was a little dragged out for the sake of shock value. I still got some laughs out of it

I still liked the episode but I tend to be easily amused lol. 

I mean if they had the scene be 1 min before the gang rescued Hughie as a plot device to get the info, it might have been ok.    It just comes off as shock / gore for the sake of it at this stage.   

I liked the Butcher payoff.   And A-Train’s arc is meaningful.    Just hard to care as much on a lot of arcs this year.   We won’t know until S5 ends but I can’t help but think we’re seeing the writers string things out to get us 2 seasons when 1 probably would have worked (ironically best example of this was JDM and Negan arc in TWD).   Time will tell. 

14 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I mean if they had the scene be 1 min before the gang rescued Hughie as a plot device to get the info, it might have been ok.    It just comes off as shock / gore for the sake of it at this stage.   

I liked the Butcher payoff.   And A-Train’s arc is meaningful.    Just hard to care as much on a lot of arcs this year.   We won’t know until S5 ends but I can’t help but think we’re seeing the writers string things out to get us 2 seasons when 1 probably would have worked (ironically best example of this was JDM and Negan arc in TWD).   Time will tell. 

Saw a theory that Frenchie is 

Spoiler

in one of Homelander's prisons for dissident humans and that's why he's "refusing" communication with Kimiko

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

Saw a theory that Frenchie is 

Hide contents

in one of Homelander's prisons for dissident humans and that's why he's "refusing" communication with Kimiko

I guess that would help advance the story just it’s not been that interesting to see his “downfall”.    They’ve been stringing it along.    Part of that “S4 has a lot of filler” criticism that I get.  

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I guess that would help advance the story just it’s not been that interesting to see his “downfall”.    They’ve been stringing it along.    Part of that “S4 has a lot of filler” criticism that I get.  

Oh sure. It's taking forever to payoff. I'm also hoping they do something wtih Starlight, because at this point her just glowing her eyes and then having a hard time doing anything with her powers right now is just...meh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Oh sure. It's taking forever to payoff. I'm also hoping they do something wtih Starlight, because at this point her just glowing her eyes and then having a hard time doing anything with her powers right now is just...meh.

It does seem kinda stupid that she hasn't mentioned her issues at all and multiple people have seen it and no one has talked to her about it

Posted (edited)

I wish they had soliderboy take homelander powers last season. I'd love to see Starr act as homelander without his powers for a season before he gets them back. I rather see season 4 deal with the fallout of that instead of what we've gotten.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

A-Train has had the biggest character turn around imo. He has been one of the bright spots in this season and because of that something tell me he’s going to get killed before the season ends.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

A-Train has had the biggest character turn around imo. He has been one of the bright spots in this season and because of that something tell me he’s going to get killed before the season ends.

What about the deep? The man stopped having sexual relations with an octopus. That’s growth 

• Like 2

Spoiler

A*Train has had quite the redemption arc. Don't think we've seen the last of him yet.

Have to wonder if they'll follow through with the assassination of the President and all blame goes on Starlite or if they manage to stop it.

These hour long episodes are beginning to feel like a slog to get through.  A-Train has probably had the best arc of the season, but with one episode left in the season I feel like him being on the run will leave him out of the finale.  Butcher's arc is interesting and I liked the Ryan payoff.  Half the time though it's been tough to stay engaged.  Hopefully the finale can deliver more than more gross out shock value moments and lean a little more into telling compelling stories.

Oh man...I just thought of something. Thursday is the season finale meaning we'll likely see the culmination of the assassination plot line... Talk about bad timing.

Imagine we'll get some kind of message at the beginning of the episode reminding everyone this was written/filmed months ago.

On 7/14/2024 at 6:46 PM, rob_shadows said:

Oh man...I just thought of something. Thursday is the season finale meaning we'll likely see the culmination of the assassination plot line... Talk about bad timing.

Imagine we'll get some kind of message at the beginning of the episode reminding everyone this was written/filmed months ago.

I feel like its going to bleed into season 5 and they pretty much will have broken up 1 season into two and thats why all of the filler is feeling so blah.  I'm still liking it but I dont love it this year and its not at all as exciting as the past three seasons.