Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

how bad yall want this. i need this **** so  much

Pretty freaking bad, Norm.  I saw this on social media today and I took pause for a second.  “This could be the final week in a 25 year stretch where GB has almost always been relevant if it all comes crashing down on Saturday.”

GB has been relevant for much of my life - I don’t want to live life like a Lion’s fan, lol.  Of course a loss doesn’t guarantee irrelevancy, but without Rodgers, and a rebuild looming, it’s a possibility I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Pretty freaking bad, Norm.  I saw this on social media today and I took pause for a second.  “This could be the final week in a 25 year stretch where GB has almost always been relevant if it all comes crashing down on Saturday.”

GB has been relevant for much of my life - I don’t want to live life like a Lion’s fan, lol.  Of course a loss doesn’t guarantee irrelevancy, but without Rodgers, and a rebuild looming, it’s a possibility I guess.

let's win this **** for @Norm's mom's husband. Damn near died this year. LETS GO

The biggest GB fan ever. Cried his *** off in the hospital when i brought him that stock with his name on it. 

It's all too perfect

Edited by Norm
  • Like 7

43 minutes ago, Norm said:

how bad yall want this. i need this **** so  much

Ronnie Lott’s pinky bad. Really don’t know what the next chapter will be but man I just want to see this team go full throttle for three games straight. 

32 minutes ago, Norm said:

let's win this **** for @Norm's mom's husband. Damn near died this year. LETS GO

The biggest GB fan ever. Cried his *** off in the hospital when i brought him that stock with his name on it. 

It's all too perfect

Goddammit thought this was another Deguara's dad reference

• Like 1

4 hours ago, persiandud said:

that is categorically false. the biggest mismatch is our rush D against their rush O. 

and concerningly, DVOA actually has the Niners as the better team overall. 

Team DVOA: SF 6th, GB 9th

Offense DVOA: SF 5th, GB 2nd. Pass O: SF 5th, GB 2nd. Rush O: SF 5th, GB 8th

Defense DVOA: SF 7th, GB 22nd. Pass D : SF  16th, GB 15th. Rush D : SF 2nd, GB 28th 

at least we're both ****ty on special teams. SF 26th, GB 32nd lol 

Our rush d isn't that bad regardless of the numbers. The bulk of it is running QB, usually after they are down quite a bit. What was the stat? 1 RB had a 100y + game vs GB this year? Stats are fine but not at all a reliable indicator. The run D isn't some black hole like those numbers would suggest. They've contained opponents RB all season. Quite frankly I'm fine with letting the QB run a bit. They aren't throwing and will take some shots. That's a win for me. I watch enough NFL to know the Packers run D is not really bottom tier.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

We were leading for 610 plays, 195 of those our opponent ran (32%).

We were tied for 230 plays, 103 of those our opponent ran (45%).

We were trailing for 197 plays,  97 of those our opponent ran (49%).

I must have misread that.

1 hour ago, **** said:

SF is not a good matchup for us but it was never going to be easy.  Let’s exercise some demons on the first stop on our road to the championship like the Bucks did vs the Heat!

There are no easy matches at this point in the playoffs.

FYI Excorcise demons, if you start exercising them they keep coming back for workouts. At least that's what Norm told me 😉

55 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Our rush d isn't that bad regardless of the numbers. The bulk of it is running QB, usually after they are down quite a bit. What was the stat? 1 RB had a 100y + game vs GB this year? Stats are fine but not at all a reliable indicator. The run D isn't some black hole like those numbers would suggest. They've contained opponents RB all season. Quite frankly I'm fine with letting the QB run a bit. They aren't throwing and will take some shots. That's a win for me. I watch enough NFL to know the Packers run D is not really bottom tier.

I tend to agree. We tend to tilt towards defending the pass. The rush defense hasn't been that bad--although we haven't faced a murderer's row of RBs.

Kamara 20 for 83

Swift 8 for 37

Sermon 10 for 31

Harris 15 for 62

Mixon 10 for 33

Herbert 19 for 97

Gibson 14 for 51

Edmonds 7 for 30

Darrel Williams 19 for 70

Alex Collins 10 for 41

Cook 22 for 86

Darrell Henderson 16 for 55