Mass Effect Mafia - GAME OVER! The Reapers are defeated!

Whicker

3 minutes ago, wolfeyestrk said:

Given that i started night with five points and two of the were mine i believe there are 3 scum and the tunneled their points on me to push lynch knowing tk would be able to push me using his ability. Hard sus on blue tk and forge for the way threadplay went down

Forge claimed to give you a point.

Possible that Forge is mafia, but also possible that people "trusted" you enough to give you their vote of confidence...

1 minute ago, wolfeyestrk said:

Given that i started night with five points and two of the were mine i believe there are 3 scum and the tunneled their points on me to push lynch knowing tk would be able to push me using his ability. Hard sus on blue tk and forge for the way threadplay went down

Daaaaaaaaaamn, man. I was trying to help you

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I would not recommend a mass claim on day 2...

That being said, others have stated that they believe that abilities may not be individualized and maybe others share abilities out there.

I am saying in this particular instance, the mafia would gain nothing from having this ability and it is most certainly a town-aligned ability that Wolf and I share.

perhaps he has a skill that allows him to learn a players moves, and he learned yours and chose to claim it as his own?

perhaps the move has a use as scum that you are not seeing

regardless.. unless people come out and say "I am town, and I gave Wolf an upgrade point", I'm going to assume he got them via scum gifts, or scum mechanics that diverted to him

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Forge claimed to give you a point.

Possible that Forge is mafia, but also possible that people "trusted" you enough to give you their vote of confidence...

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

perhaps he has a skill that allows him to learn a players moves, and he learned yours and chose to claim it as his own?

regardless.. unless people come out and say "I am town, and I gave Wolf an upgrade point", I'm going to assume he got them via scum gifts, or scum mechanics that diverted to him

Im sticking to you forge and blue being scum and piling on for the lynch

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

This is possible. That would require Whicker to give up the entire ability (levels and all) which is in the scope of possibility.

If he roleblocked me and stole my ability (much like the ability I gave @MWil23 in my mafia game) it is possible.

I don't think the mafia really benefits from the ability. Considering the verbiage it has.

I cannot say that mafia didn't give him points, they very well could have, but without him being the one that roleblocked me and stole my ability (although possible, unlikely IMO), I believe he is town and we should look elsewhere tonight.

If what he is saying is true about his first ability, he has something that can be verified in the thread as well.

3 minutes ago, wolfeyestrk said:

Im sticking to you forge and blue being scum and piling on for the lynch

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

The logic put forward by TK3 is pretty sound. Blue also does not appear to be mafia aligned to me (at this point). Forge is a toss up because he is sus when he is town and when he is mafia.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

The logic put forward by TK3 is pretty sound. Blue also does not appear to be mafia aligned to me (at this point). Forge is a toss up because he is sus when he is town and when he is mafia.

I agree im going on the logic of scum point dumping me knowing they had the ability to read player point totals and pushing when it came back high, which only works great if they know before hand that they can predict point buys

19 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

In my case, they ability has to be activated for it to be used. I assume its the same for him. I leveled mine and attempted to use it and "it failed"

Without disclosing too much that may or may not have already been stated by Wolf *wink wink* the ability isn't instant at low levels.

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Yeah.  This sounds to me, a lot like a possible "ability stealer" role type situation with Wolf.  Picks a player to "steal" their ability for the night.  Whether it's not a particularly useful ability for Mafia or not, isn't really relevant, assuming it's a blind steal.

Could also explain all of the extra "upgrade points" he mysteriously have if they're also stealing those as well.