• Dolphins
    • Giants
    • Jaguars
    • Raiders
    • Vikings
    • Texans*
    • Panthers*

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I just don't understand why Gannon is getting so many interviews? Go, please.

He was thought of highly league wide prior to getting the job here. Also owners aren’t the best with this so they usually just go off lists, names that are being tossed around and recommendations. Once he got his first interview, the others were easier to get.

Id be shocked if he got one, but he does have an energy to him and guys seem to like him.

Players coach / motivator seems to be the trend this year

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It wouldn’t shock me if an owner would be impressed with Gannon when they are in the room together.  Just an odd jump if it happens.

Wonder if Fangio or Zimmer coach this year or take a year off. Zimmer makes way more sense as vet coach to come in. He already worked with some of the guys here. You get Zimmer and somehow get Hamilton in the draft 👀, they probably sign Barr in free agency and draft an edge too. 

If Quinn leaves I could see Dallas go after Fangio hard, Zimmer also coached down there before.

Internally Dennard Wilson would be the guy probably. Know he was thought of highly this year with guys.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Wonder if Fangio or Zimmer coach this year or take a year off. Zimmer makes way more sense as vet coach to come in. He already worked with some of the guys here. You get Zimmer and somehow get Hamilton in the draft 👀, they probably sign Barr in free agency and draft an edge too. 

I wouldn't hate Zimmer, but the Vikings fans really lost all confidence in him even in his ability to scheme defensively, and based on the numbers, it would appear they're justified in doing so for the past couple of seasons. Said he seemed to just be behind the times and not adapting to the game where it is anymore.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't hate Zimmer, but the Vikings fans really lost all confidence in him even in his ability to scheme defensively, and based on the numbers, it would appear they're justified in doing so for the past couple of seasons. Said he seemed to just be behind the times and not adapting to the game where it is anymore.

They did have less of a bite of late. I wonder though if he goes back to just having to focus on that if he’d be happy again and be able to get back into it.

It wouldn’t shock me though if Nick opted for a young guy again.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It wouldn’t shock me if an owner would be impressed with Gannon when they are in the room together.  Just an odd jump if it happens.

If Quinn leaves I could see Dallas go after Fangio hard, Zimmer also coached down there before.

Internally Dennard Wilson would be the guy probably. Know he was thought of highly this year with guys.

If, and that's a big if, Harbaugh takes the LV job I imagine that Vic Fangio will be his top choice for DC. 

53 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

If, and that's a big if, Harbaugh takes the LV job I imagine that Vic Fangio will be his top choice for DC. 

I didn’t watch like any raiders defense this year including when we played them. Don’t they run a 4-3 and fangio is a 3-4 guy? Yannick and Crosby are better as 43 DEs than 34 DE/OLB. That could be the only negative to Fangio (unless he’s run 43 schemes in the past). 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

What’s your hesitation? Just curious.

I'd have an open mind about it, but he fell off hard this year, and he runs a 3-4. I'd be more open to it if he still had success this past year OR if he didn't require us to completely reconfigure our defense.