• Dolphins
    • Giants
    • Jaguars
    • Raiders
    • Vikings
    • Texans*
    • Panthers*

Just now, Danger said:

I wasn't talking about Press Taylor directly. I was referencing Doug's inability to LITERALLY HIRE ANYBODY HE DOESN'T ALREADY KNOW. lol

Fair but compared to the crap show the Giants have hired the last decade, Dougy would be a major upgrade. I hope he doesn't go there. He is like my cringy uncle, you don't really want him to come over for Thanksgiving but is still a pretty cool guy. 

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Doug going to the Giants would be like worst case scenario imo. He is a good coach. He just sucks at hiring assistant coaches, but time off and some self reflection could have helped a lot. I want Doug in the AFC.

It’s only worst case scenario cause he would be going a rival which is disgusting.

Pederson going full TO and Desean would confirm just how bad things got inside that building with Howie and the rest of the FO!

I hope he doesn't,  not from an X's and O's standpoint but from a fanbase perspective. He's still beloved to a certain extent by most for winning SB LII. Do this , he kills all of that.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Doug going to the Giants would be like worst case scenario imo. He is a good coach. He just sucks at hiring assistant coaches, but time off and some self reflection could have helped a lot. I want Doug in the AFC.

Couldn't disagree more. Doug couldn't scheme his way out of a paper bag once the league caught up to his RPO gig.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

We also just going to forget how literally every player who was drafted here during Doug's tenure never improved notably while he was here?

I still have love for Doug and he deserves credit for it, but that SB team was lighting in a bottle. A perfect storm. A team of destiny.

I think Doug is a great at being a players coach. Guys love him and want to play for him, but he was too nice at times it felt like and wasn’t really hard on his coaches despite the lack of development. Hopefully he would’ve learned from that mistake. I’m pretty sure a lot of his coaches were either a hold over or someone Howie brought in. Not sure how deep Pederson’s coaching Rolodex is, so whatever team hires him has to have some good names for the coordinator spots. I guess Doug could give his boy Nagy a call for OC lol.

• Like 1