2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

As the AJ Brown rumors heat up, I'm wondering what are the odds of Jameson Williams or Wilson being better than AJ Brown? 

I honestly don't know how I would feel if we traded for Brown and one of them turned out to be better. Trading for Brown without using a 1st would make the draft easier though.  

For the same package for Tyreek Hill or less, I don't see why not.

14 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Depending what price.  His experience is welcome here.

Absolutely need better LB play. Sign him, draft Muma and let him develop. I know we draft Sherwood last year and well have to see what he does in year 2 but his athleticism scores (RAS) especially his speed and agility are pretty abysmal. I'll take the athlete all day long, technique is coachable, athleticism is not. Ideally you want the athlete to have SOME instincts as well though, another thing that is hard to coach, but it at least has the ability to develop over time. If you aren't athletic though, all the work in the world wont make you more athletic. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Absolutely need better LB play. Sign him, draft Muma and let him develop. I know we draft Sherwood last year and well have to see what he does in year 2 but his athleticism scores (RAS) especially his speed and agility are pretty abysmal. I'll take the athlete all day long, technique is coachable, athleticism is not. Ideally you want the athlete to have SOME instincts as well though, another thing that is hard to coach, but it at least has the ability to develop over time. If you aren't athletic though, all the work in the world wont make you more athletic. 

weren't sherwood's ras scores based on safety and not LB though, i could be wrong here

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

weren't sherwood's ras scores based on safety and not LB though, i could be wrong here

was actually thinking the same thing and I am also not 100% sure. I would feel a lot better about it if it was based off position too. a mid 4 for a safety could be a high 7 low 8 for a WLB.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

For the same package for Tyreek Hill or less, I don't see why not.

I think the jets double dip on WR in round 1 and 2. Jameson William's at #10 and then hopefully Christian Watson in the 2nd. 

Joe D has a tendancy to draft numbers in weak areas knowing that not all prospects pan out. 

I'd expect our 1st four picks to look something like this..   CB, WR, DE, WR.

I dont see a trade for AJ or Deebo working. The value is too volatile considering both players are uber young but neither has really stayed THAT healthy so far. Joe likes to KNOW hes winning a trade before making it.

The Tyreke Hill offer was perfect. Joe D wont pull the trigger on a trade unless hes able to fleece the other team (and yes, if Tyreke chose the jets, that would have been a fleecing)

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Douglas is playing chess. Bringing in Stingley and Gardner, forcing teams to try and jump the Jets so that way our real target falls down the board to 10. 

You keep telling yourself that but believe me the hottest sauce I can find will be shipped to the US if we get Gardner 😂😂

On 4/17/2022 at 6:44 PM, xrade said:

I just saw the best Jets mock and not too far fetched. 

4. Thibs

10. Trade with Phi. getting 15, 51 and a 2023 TRP

15. London

35.  Dax Hill

38.  Travis Jones

51. Muma

69.  Dylan Parham (iOL)

111. Ruckert

117 Kyren Williams (I forgot about him)

163  Cordale Flott  (DB)

I’d rather any other WR instead of London but the rest is awesome  

This is beautiful, realistic trade considering JD ties to Philly but I'm not sure how much more they want to thin out their draft capital for this year. They would probably need to have a target like Stingley Jr. in sight. Also you're crazy if you don't love London's game and how much his size and catch radius helps a young QB like Zach Wilson. Best fit for him in this draft IMO.

The Peter Schrager mock

He’s pretty tapped in around the league, so this has some merit and like he wrote “ REMINDER: As always, this isn't what would do -- it's what I'm hearing from my sources around the league.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/peter-schrager-2022-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-bills-add-offense-chiefs-double-down-on-d

Has us going Thibodeaux at 4 and Jameson Williams at 10 and I like most others would be pretty damn happy if that is how it went for real