2022 Head Coach Thread

LORK88

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

Raiders hired Josh McDaniels... I thought he was Caserio's BFF.

Were we never in on him?

Not that I am super disappointed... yet

The raiders are a really good coaching job. They have rebuilt the roster the last 3 years and have a legit QB. Mcdaniels failed at attempting a rebuild, but he’s walking into a good situation. He probably wasn’t interested in coming to Houston at the beginning of a full rebuild. 

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The raiders are a really good coaching job. They have rebuilt the roster the last 3 years and have a legit QB. Mcdaniels failed at attempting a rebuild, but he’s walking into a good situation. He probably wasn’t interested in coming to Houston at the beginning of a full rebuild. 

And I’m sure he communicated that with a Caserio or Esterby and didn’t even bother interviewing 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Im glad we didnt end up with McDaniels.  He is going to ruin the Raiders and it's going to be funny.  

I think he'll be moderate - he's got a good group of players and a lot of time to think what didn't work in Denver.

I don't think he's great, but not as bad as we remember.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think he'll be moderate - he's got a good group of players and a lot of time to think what didn't work in Denver.

I don't think he's great, but not as bad as we remember.

Many coaches have better success on their 2nd go round having learned from their experiences... usually (and if they earn a 2nd look)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

CYA! Not surprising given that the new HC will be having a new staff.  

What was surprising was he was given a 3 year contract... although Culley had a 5 year deal.

I guess it's the McNair's $$$.

Word on the street was he was tight with McAdoo from their GB days - esp. since it is a lateral move and Texans could have blocked it.

30 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Not sure who it's going to be.. all I've got to say is, if  DeMeco Ryans turns out to be a great head coach and we don't even INTERVIEW HIM.. that'll have me really pissed off.

I think DeMeco is a year away - he'll be a great HC, but not yet.