2022 Head Coach Thread

LORK88

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Can we hire a minority without interviewing anyone else? Like do we still have to do a minimum number of interviews or if we are hiring a minority can we just do it?

Rooney Rule would be satisfied IIRC.  I believe the ask is that you interview at least two minority candidates, but if you hire the first... I think you're good.

• Like 1

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

Culley was hired because we struck out on a quality coach and so we did Culley a solid. People talking like we did him wrong but he was not qualified for the job and we made him rich heading into retirement. 

it was never a long term solution. We allowed him to live out a dream for a year. We did Culley a favor and now we have the chance to hire a long term solution. 

I feel like the plan was to have him more than one year. Its a head coaching job, not a Make A Wish. I'm not saying he's been great but spending for and then cutting guys is bothersome to me

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I talked to the two people I know in the league and it was interesting. On Flores, both essentially said the Miami Herald story was pretty dead on. Hard to work with, some players couldn't stand him, etc. They both agreed that he's a great football coach, but the other stuff makes it difficult. Both said Flores and Mayo are the top two candidates.

• Like 2

At least this means it’s near  0% chance it’s McDaniels, right? 

Good Guy Dolphins PR trying to make themselves look better by slandering Flores could help us speed up negotiations by reducing competition. Thanks Miami!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tab said:

At least this means it’s near  0% chance it’s McDaniels, right? 

Good Guy Dolphins PR trying to make themselves look better by slandering Flores could help us speed up negotiations by reducing competition. Thanks Miami!

It's the least they could do for all the dumb BOB trades we made with them. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Another wrinkle 

I would honestly prefer Flores to the Giants and Watson to the Giants than Flores to the Texans. They have two top ten picks and in the NFC we'd only have to play against him once every four years (barring one of the juciest superbowl scenarios imaginable..)

20 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Also the Chargers Oc Joe Lombardi 

People can say what they want about Caserio, but he does his homework. He may go with the familiar hire in the end, but he is going to do his research first. 

• Like 1