2022 Free Agency

grizmo78

On the other hand, inside linebacker is a devalued position and Evero came from a #1 defense with a group of LBs that were barely playable, we have a better group here even without Browning. 

There’s also the potential of having a Bonitto/Browning combo on the cheap for the next 3 years at a critical position. I’m intrigued by that possibility, both project to have elite speed and bend for the position. It’s tough to deal with one rusher like that, having two who can fly past the tackles with leverage is scary for offenses. 

I definitely had the initial reaction of most of you but I’m less annoyed with this when I keep the big picture and positional value in mind. Chubb and Gregory are here now. Will either guy be here in 2024? 

Edited by BroncoBruin

51 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

On the other hand, inside linebacker is a devalued position and Evero came from a #1 defense with a group of LBs that were barely playable, we have a better group here even without Browning. 

There’s also the potential of having a Bonitto/Browning combo on the cheap for the next 3 years at a critical position. I’m intrigued by that possibility, both project to have elite speed and bend for the position. It’s tough to deal with one rusher like that, having two who can fly past the tackles with leverage is scary for offenses. 

I definitely had the initial reaction of most of you but I’m less annoyed with this when I keep the big picture and positional value in mind. Chubb and Gregory are here now. Will either guy be here in 2024? 

I don't necessarily mind the move as long as it's permanent. I don't want him splitting reps at ILB and EDGE. Let him focus on one spot. I'm mostly worried that during the season, Jewell or Griffith (assuming he's the other starter) miss some time and we don't have adequate depth there so we ask Browning to step in. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

He’s extremely washed but would be a huge upgrade from Strnad as the 4th guy.

Pretty damning if he’s washed.   I know he wasn’t good in PIT but there’s some scheme issues there he presumably wouldn’t experience here (ILB really put on an island with PIT’s DL when Alulua missed most of season). 

Edited by Broncofan

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Pretty damning if he’s washed.   I know he wasn’t good in PIT but there’s some scheme issues there he presumably wouldn’t experience here (ILB really put on an island with PIT’s DL when Alulua missed most of season). 

Yeah it is, because he’s probably not a core STs guy either. I do think they need to add playable depth there, I’m not sold on Singleton and Strnad can’t play. I feel very good about Jewell and Griffith though.

15 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

He’s extremely washed but would be a huge upgrade from Strnad as the 4th guy.

The guy is only 28yo and just had 112 tackles last year, hard to think he's washed unless he's been injury-prone (can't say I followed him much since  he played at JAC). I do remember him being pretty good in CLE but if he can't play LBer in PIT, red flags rising.

Edited by Cutler06

• 2 weeks later...