NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont care what you guys say, I love Dak:

And you all know deep in your heart, you hate the reffing just as much as he does. Though I do think that virtually every call was correct this game. 

That's the problem. Even you can admit that the calls were correct... how is it that Dak says it's ok for fans to throw **** at the refs. It's never ok.. period. Officiating this season has been big garbage across the board. I understand he is bitter about it but he should take a close look in the mirror. That's where it starts.

• Like 4

Just now, Matts4313 said:

The frustration with the refs has been brewing all season. I honestly dont think the refs did a bad job this game. My only complaint is that on 3 separate occasions, not just the last play, they were soooo slow setting the ball. But in the grand scheme of things that is very minor. 

But in many games this season that we could/should have won; the refs interjected themselves when they had no reason to. It was very frustrating. 

Even if the refs had blown the game in egregious fashion, I don't think an NFL QB should be telling people it's a good thing to throw objects from the stands at them. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NinerFever said:

That's the problem. Even you can admit that the calls were correct... how is it that Dak says it's ok for fans to throw **** at the refs. It's never ok.. period. Officiating this season has been big garbage across the board. I understand he is bitter about it but he should take a close look in the mirror. That's where it starts.

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

Even if the refs had blown the game in egregious fashion, I don't think an NFL QB should be telling people it's a good thing to throw objects from the stands at them. 

You guys clearly have to know he is speaking out of frustration. Youve never said anything when you were upset? If so, props to you. Dak has been a class act in 99% of his interviews. He is almost robotic. This was one of the few times he let his anger slip through. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You guys clearly have to know he is speaking out of frustration. Youve never said anything when you were upset? If so, props to you. Dak has been a class act in 99% of his interviews. He is almost robotic. This was one of the few times he let his anger slip through. 

Realistically he blew the game for his team. I would be frustrated too, but if I mess up at my job and blame someone else, I should not support people throwing stuff at the person(s) that are wrongfully being blamed. I get he is human, but he needs to come out with an apology at some point after this.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Realistically he blew the game for his team.

No he didnt. If you want to blame a "unit", blame how pathetic our OL is. But the reality is 14 penalties that are all mostly stupid bone headed plays did us in. That was a team fail 

No he didnt. If you want to blame a "unit", blame how pathetic our OL is. But the reality is 14 penalties that are all mostly stupid bone headed plays did us in. That was a team fail 

He was in possession of the ball on the last play and not only ran too long, but did not have the awareness to hand the ball to the ref... He blew the game on that play. They would have had one more shot had he tried to get the ball to an official or go down 2 seconds sooner.

Not saying the entirety of the game is on him, but the ending is 100% on him. There is no other way to look at it.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

He blew the game on that play

No he didnt. That silly. The chances we score even if we get 1 more play is virtually 0. If you want to pinpoint a single play for the loss, it was when we lobbed the ball 40 yards with a 12 minute hang time and Cedric Wilson couldnt turn his head from his right shoulder to his left. 

But the reality is we lost this game much earlier than that when we kept giving them 1st downs with penalties. 

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

He was in possession of the ball on the last play and not only ran too long, but did not have the awareness to hand the ball to the ref... He blew the game on that play. They would have had one more shot had he tried to get the ball to an official or go down 2 seconds sooner.

Not saying the entirety of the game is on him, but the ending is 100% on him. There is no other way to look at it.

Don't forget all the bad throws, the INT's, the failure to read the blitz, and a lot of things that Dak is completely underwhelming at

No he didnt. That silly. The chances we score even if we get 1 more play is virtually 0. If you want to pinpoint a single play for the loss, it was when we lobbed the ball 40 yards with a 12 minute hang time and Cedric Wilson couldnt turn his head from his right shoulder to his left. 

But the reality is we lost this game much earlier than that when we kept giving them 1st downs with penalties. 

You are misrepresenting this situation. The design of that play call was to get a chunk of yards, spike the ball and throw to the endzone. The only player who made that not happen was Dak Prescott. It is pretty simple. He ended the game.

You want to word it however you want to, go ahead, but he made a mistake and his team did not get a chance to take a shot to win. No other way around it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

You are misrepresenting this situation. The design of that play call was to get a chunk of yards, spike the ball and throw to the endzone. The only player who made that not happen was Dak Prescott. It is pretty simple. He ended the game.

You want to word it however you want to, go ahead, but he made a mistake and his team did not get a chance to take a shot to win. No other way around it.

Im not misrepresenting anything. I am telling you the game was over by that point and all of that was just low probability BS. 

None of it mattered. We had lost by that point. 

1 minute ago, TheGame316 said:

Don't forget all the bad throws, the INT's, the failure to read the blitz, and a lot of things that Dak is completely underwhelming at

Not even talking about that. I actually thought Dak played pretty well. I think he is a top tier QB when healthy. I am specifically talking about the QB run play that he botched that cost his team a chance at another shot to the endzone. As much as I hated the play call (and as a fan of football I thought it was terrible), Dak did not have the awareness to get down and get the ball to the proper person. He has to own that. That is on him.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

He'd prefer to blame the #4 WR who had to adjust to an underthrown ball on the wrong side of his body due to Dak failing to read the blitz coming and heaving it up in desperation off his back foot

But yeah, It's all Cedric Wilson's fault for still managing to get a hand on it