NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

I was eluding to fact , when they practiced it, there probably weren't refs on the field? Hence the idea or repetition of the center spotting it.

Then it's a coaching failure.  Simulate a coach as the ref that players hand the ball to after each play in the 2 minute drill.  Get a footlocker black and white striped shirt to help if needed.

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

FYI,  common knowledge is often less common than we think 

I mean it happens after every play…

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I was eluding to fact , when they practiced it, there probably weren't refs on the field? Hence the idea or repetition of the center spotting it.

It was flawed thinking from the jump.

Its so dumb, dont think ive ever laughed that hard watching the end of a game before

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Cowboys fans beating each other up and throwing stuff at refs as Dak encourages violence and claims the game was stolen (remind you of anyone) What a day in Dallas.

Dak encouraging violence? Quite the spin there… not sure people are even attempting to be objective. 

11 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Dak encouraging violence? Quite the spin there… not sure people are even attempting to be objective. 

“Credit to them” when commenting about the fans throwing stuff at refs… certainly sounds like he’s condoning it at the very least 

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Last time for me, was the Seahawks- Patriots SB. Been awhile.  Needed that. 😎

Sherman face was so epic lmao 

Im a big Marshawn fan so i was more ticked off then laughing. He gets you all the way to goal line and you throw it, morons 

24 minutes ago, Dome said:

“Credit to them” when commenting about the fans throwing stuff at refs… certainly sounds like he’s condoning it at the very least 

I think “violence” is a bit of a vague, intentionally disingenuous way of interpreting Dak being okay with the idea of fans throwing trash at refs instead of his teammates. It paints a much harsher picture of the situation. It seriously was not that serious, but people are just deciding to suddenly find their pearls and clutch at them because of course they are.

Don’t think anyone could truthfully think Dak was wishing actual harm to anyone. He’s been a high character guy his entire career. People need to chill. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

28 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

The cowboys crying about the refs, those tears must taste salty

Think it just has to do with consistently being the most penalized team in the entire league. They feel they are scrutinized more than other teams and don’t feel like they can get the same calls in their favor. They feel like there is a disparity there and I think there could be some merit to that. They think they are called more closely than their completion… and that’s their major gripe rather than just having their opinion of how the final play went down. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Think it just has to do with consistently being the most penalized team in the entire league. They feel they are scrutinized more than other teams and don’t feel like they can get the same calls in their favor. They feel like there is a disparity there and I think there could be some merit to that. They think they are called more closely than their completion… and that’s their major gripe rather than just having their opinion of how the final play went down. 

Maybe they should look inward and start pointing fingers at each other and their coaches instead of crying about the officiating.

Did the refs make any egregious calls yesterday towards Dallas? Every penalty that was called was the right call (from my memory). 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

That kind of mentality might explain why they haven't reached an NFCCG since the 90's.... you might be onto something here...

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Maybe they should look inward and start pointing fingers at each other and their coaches instead of crying about the officiating.

Did the refs make any egregious calls yesterday towards Dallas? Every penalty that was called was the right call (from my memory). 

The offsides on Gregory were questionable, as Williams was clearly moving his leg around first. My point is also more so the fact that they feel they are scrutinized closer… and that their competition could be called for things that they are not. 

That said, to a person they have also stated they need to try and be better to keep the refs out of it. It’s not like any of them were solely blaming the refs, some of them just feel like they’re in a spot light where their actions are called a little tighter. 

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Of course "they" feel that way. "THEY" as a team are one of the most undisciplined units in the NFL. Its infinitely easier to blame everyone else then to take responsibility for your own actions as a player.

We're not talking about a game here or there. You don't lead the league two years in a row in penalties by accident or by NFL conspiracy. 

It starts with coaching and it ends with players. It's a culture thing in Dallas. Arguing otherwise is absurd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

That kind of mentality might explain why they haven't reached an NFCCG since the 90's.... you might be onto something here...

I don’t know, I just think the age old “tHeYrE uNdIsCiPlNeD” idea is a little lazy and a little convenient. Also, as I’ve said in other posts, the players themselves have said they need to be better in order to do a better job of keeping the refs out of it. No one on the team simply blamed the refs for the loss. I’m not sure why people have opinions about this without actually listening to what the actual players said.