NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

14 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

https://twitter.com/sportssturm/status/1483235000401244160?s=21

Hmm, weird how a very, very similar situation from earlier this season is executed so much easier. Doesn’t seem that anyone handed the ball to the official here, either. He just went up and touched it. Wasn’t a problem… but for Dallas it apparently had to be a catastrophic mess. Think this is the disparity in officiating that some of the players talk about.

Dak extended the play too much. 3 extra seconds and they might have clocked it. 

19 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Hmm, weird how a very, very similar situation from earlier this season is executed so much easier. Doesn’t seem that anyone handed the ball to the official here, either. He just went up and touched it. Wasn’t a problem… but for Dallas it apparently had to be a catastrophic mess. Think this is the disparity in officiating that some of the players talk about.

This is due in part to the fact that Dallas players spotted the ball wrong though. He didn't just touch the ball...he actively had to  move the ball back from where Dallas spotted it. And it probably should have been moved back even further. That is an insanely key point that is being left out of a lot of these QTs, to be honest. 

Very possible here that GB simply got lucky it was spot correctly initially 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Dallas sucks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Adams hit the turf at 12 seconds, Dak hit the turf at 9 seconds.  3 more seconds and Dallas gets the spike off with time to spare.  What on earth are you on about here?

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

Adams hit the turf at 12 seconds, Dak hit the turf at 9 seconds.  3 more seconds and Dallas gets the spike off with time to spare.  What on earth are you on about here?

I think he's focusing more on the behavior of the official and how they handled it getting the Packers set 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I think he's focusing more on the behavior of the official and how they handled it getting the Packers set 

There was like 6 things Dallas had control of though, and if they did just 1 of them right they get a final play.  They failed on all aspects. The Packers didn't line up until the official was at the ball.  The Cowboys did everything in their power to make sure the official couldn't get there....

3 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

There was like 6 things Dallas had control of though, and if they did just 1 of them right they get a final play.  They failed on all aspects. The Packers didn't line up until the official was at the ball.  The Cowboys did everything in their power to make sure the official couldn't get there....

Agreed. I don't think the tweet helps support the case of the Cowboys at all. I still think it was a horrifically executed play on the back end and it was their own fault. 

I'm just stating that I don't think the point of the post was to focus on the actual plays or the clock *during* the plays, but rather what happened afterward. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Usually by this time DAL (or whatever team loses the playoff game) fans are beyond the denial / anger phase of grief and moving to rationalization / acceptance.   😳

Not sure what’s making you believe that isn’t the case here. Just made a simple observation. I definitely accept what happened, and don’t know that they win that game regardless of how things were handled on the last play… because having one chance to throw into the end zone from the 25 is certainly no guarantee. Just would have been nice to have that chance, and I do wish things had been executed better both from a team perspective and from an officiating perspective. It’s cool, though.

Edited by NoFlyZone

27 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Adams also didn't advance the ball 1.5 yards away from where it should have been spotted. If you look at the line judges, the ball was placed where it should have been (actually looks a half yard back), making it easy on the official.

I think that is the biggest thing that Cowboys players, staff and fans aren't realizing. They put the ball closer to the endzone they were trying to score in, by a yard and a half.

4 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Not sure what’s making you believe that isn’t the case here. Just made a simple observation. I definitely accept what happened, and don’t know that they win that game regardless of how things were handled on the last play… because having one chance to throw into the end zone from the 25 is certainly no guarantee. Just would have been nice to have that chance, and I do wish things had been executed better both from a team perspective and from an officiating perspective. It’s cool, though.

They didn't deserve that chance. Put aside all the execution errors, that was one of the dumbest playcalls I've ever seen in my life.