NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

A couple of points about DAL's failings today on the coaching side:

-14 penalties and 6 pre-snap.  That's just horrific fundamentals.  Yes, the players get some of that, but DAL being the most-penalized team in the NFL, well, that's also very much on coaching.

-Game management - let's forget the last play, let's also talk about the decision to spend 40 secs down 16 pts in the 4Q to try and induce SF to take a TO.....when they had 3, and a 16-pt lead.     I get the game maybe goes differently, but the Boys couldn't get the O going after taking a delay of game penalty AND lost 40 secs for nothing.

Now, let's acknowledge that on SF's end, they were the better team, and deserved the W.   They should never have been in a position to lose.    But 2 things really conspired to give that chance - Shanny's EXTREME conservative game management (punting on 4th and 1 twice), and of course, JimmyG's weaknesses as a passer.

If SF doesn't have Bosa & Warner, man...... IMO it's a pyrrhic victory (much like how if TAM loses Wirfs and Jensen is compromised, don't like their chances at all).      Still, at least pretty much any team who watches game film will realize that much like 2019 season.....SF is winning despite JimmyG, not because of him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Not sure that’s all there is to it. 

No, whoever made that call is pretty much the only human being on the planet who deserves blame.

Maybe Dak, too. But that's the entire list.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

As a Saints fan who witnessed the 2018 NFCCG, I will never not laugh at bad calls any more. If your team gets screwed by a bad call it's probably because you deserved it.

And as it relates to this game: I will always find great humor in a horribly sloppy game getting the "damn refs!" treatment by the fans who lost.

I loved that call because I despise your head coach, but I'll be the first to admit that was a BAAAAAAAD call!

I always hammer that the refs are garbage at best and rigging it at worst. 

BUT

The ref not helping Dak pull the cowboys out of the hole they put themselves in is unequivocally NOT a failure by the ref in this situation. The Cowboys ran out of time because they played that stupidly. End of story. 

18 minutes ago, Jetzger said:

Because the ref spots the ball not Dak and not the center.  How are you not getting this?

Sure, but as others said where was he?? And his approach was to bumble in there and knock everything around? He was practically jumped on Dak’s back. The execution was painfully bad and Dallas paid the price. How are you not getting this?

I seriously wasn’t even worried when I saw Dak run. That ball should have been spiked, period.

Edited by NoFlyZone

Just now, ET80 said:

No, whoever made that call is pretty much the only human being on the planet who deserves blame

Maybe Dak, too. But that's the entire list.

Definitely Dak too.

If that's the play call, Dak has to recognize he can't do that. At the very least he can't make THAT throw.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Not sure that’s all there is to it. 

Pretty sure it is. Garrett was a horrible head coach was he not? Im telling you as a Packers fan, McCarthy has not been good since 2014. What happened today is nothing new, only difference is he doesnt have a top 10 QB of all time to bail him out for his stupid decisions.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I loved that call because I despise your head coach, but I'll be the first to admit that was a BAAAAAAAD call!

I regret to inform you that you are not the first to admit it

You are in fact among some of the last.

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

Sure, but as others said where was he?? And his approach was to bumble in there and knock everything around? He was practically jumped in Dak’s back. The execution was painfully bad and Dallas paid the price. How are you not getting this?

How are you not getting that the Cowboys QB and OL were blocking where he needed to go? Was he supposed to hurdle the OL? He had to get in there, spot the ball, and then get out. The Cowboys were the morons.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Sure, but as others said where was he?? And his approach was to bumble in there and knock everything around? He was practically jumped in Dak’s back. The execution was painfully bad and Dallas paid the price. How are you not getting this?

Because Dak giving it to the C and C putting the ball down instead of spotting and handing ball to ref (umpire?) saves the extra secs lost by umpire having to cut through.  That's on Dak, not the ref/ump.  Honestly don't know how you aren't getting that.   I have no dog in this show, but that's on coaches & Dak, not the ref/ump here.

• Like 5

This is not a swipe on anyone here. Matts and I often disagree but I respect him. Same with the other Cowboys fans here.

No way can your season ticket holders bail out so much that the crowd was pro-49ers in Dallas.

I was shocked by that. Does anyone have anything about the story behind that?

Are the tickets too expensive? Do they need to sell the playoff ticket to pay for the regular season tickets? What the heck is going on there?

Is this the Californians moving to Texas brigade getting in on season tickets?

Edited by SkippyX