AFC Divisional GDT: (2) Chiefs vs (3) Bills

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Chiefs Kingdom
    • Bills Mafia

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

That’s what most Bills fans here are saying. At least @Thelonebillsfan and i are blaming coaching. We just say it in a different manner lol

I just don't get why the concept of "yo how did you lose a game where you had a lead with 13 seconds left maybe you shouldn't have a job anymore" is so insane. Sticking with something that hasn't been working just because of some vague nonsensical platitudes of "winning ways" and all that crap is BS. If your coach can't hack it then get a new coach. If they make the same mistakes, get a new coach.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

God damnit I’m sour. I still cannot believe we have a golden goose QB who drove not once but twice down the field late 4th quarter that should’ve won us the game. If it was anyone else besides Mahomes on the other side we win that game. Not Brady, not Rodgers, not Burrow or Herbert. No shot. Mahomes was the only one who could’ve and did keep up with Allen shot for shot. 

This is on McDermott for calling the kick through the endzone and his defense faulting, and for Daboll inexcusably taking the ball out of Josh’s hands in the first half. Just disgusting.

Josh Allen was on pace to have the greatest playoff run in NFL history. He had 9 tds in two games with the record being 11. He had 14 incompletions total and 130 rushing yards. Anyone who ever questions him again is an absolute clown.

Idk man, I feel like sometimes it's just "what can you do? The other QB is just a God", you know? Like it's not the Chiefs' fault that Josh Allen and Gabe Davis went nuclear on them, nor do I feel like it's McDermott's fault or Frazier's fault that Mahomes and his weapons did the same.

That was just a really good game with 2 QB's who simply elevated their game when it mattered and, really, I think if you want to look at it one way, you could just say Josh Allen was cheated by the current system of how the playoffs are structured more than anything.

• Like 4

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

I just don't get why the concept of "yo how did you lose a game where you had a lead with 13 seconds left maybe you shouldn't have a job anymore" is so insane. Sticking with something that hasn't been working just because of some vague nonsensical platitudes of "winning ways" and all that crap is BS. If your coach can't hack it then get a new coach. If they make the same mistakes, get a new coach.

Ask the Chargers how that went after firing Schottenheimer. Ask the Raiders how that went after firing Hue Jackson. Ask the Lions how that went after firing Jim Caldwell.

You guys have a great coach, don't ruin that because Patrick Mahomes is the best QB we've ever seen.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Idk man, I feel like sometimes it's just "what can you do? The other QB is just a God", you know? Like it's not the Chiefs' fault that Josh Allen and Gabe Davis went nuclear on them, nor do I feel like it's McDermott's fault or Frazier's fault that Mahomes and his weapons did the same.

That was just a really good game with 2 QB's who simply elevated their game when it mattered and, really, I think if you want to look at it one way, you could just say Josh Allen was cheated by the current system of how the playoffs are structured more than anything.

Then there's literally always that excuse. There's always going to be a cover for failure.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

One other thing in retrospect. The Bills gave up a possession when they punted on 4th and 2 feet from their own 34.

The Chiefs flew past that 34 on play 4 of the next TD drive.

Sometimes you have to know the type of game you are playing.

Curious how we don't get the threads talking about how they went against the analytics there and lost

• Like 2

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ask the Chargers how that went after firing Schottenheimer. Ask the Raiders how that went after firing Hue Jackson. Ask the Lions how that went after firing Jim Caldwell.

You guys have a great coach, don't ruin that because Patrick Mahomes is the best QB we've ever seen.

That's such a stupid framework to base that decision on. Mahomes is not a god made flesh, stopping him is not literally physically impossible. There should be, you know, a baseline level of accountability for the fact that the team gave up 200 yards in 2 minutes. 

Leslie getting canned is not accountability that's just scapegoating.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

That's such a stupid framework to base that decision on. Mahomes is not a god made flesh, stopping him is not literally physically impossible. There should be, you know, a baseline level of accountability for the fact that the team gave up 200 yards in 2 minutes. 

Leslie getting canned is not accountability that's just scapegoating.

I guess I need clarification - what do you want to come from this? McDermott fired? Frazie fired? Like, what do you do?