The GM Thread: Raiders hire Zeigler

RaidersAreOne

49 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

He gave him a job title no other personnel guy has gotten before. Gave him power to make FA and draft moves. Again something that was rare with Belichick. You just named coaches and one old man. Has nothing to do with what I said. Bill Belichick gave up power so he wouldn’t leave to the Broncos. That means something. Maybe not to you but it means something. We get you don’t like anyone from the Pats 

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/03/01/meet-dave-ziegler-the-man-bill-belichick-chose-to-help-rebuild-the-patriots/

Bob Quinn was front office who failed in Detriot, Scott Piolli failed in KC (and he had more power than Ziegler could ever dream of in NE). 

I start to have a very bad feeling about this guys...

To me it looks like we wanna interview Brown and Kelly as Rooney rule guys and possibly Kelly for an assistant GM or director of player personnel role.

Dodds name might just were sent out to the media to help create a feeling that we are having a true search...

Dave Ziegler might be Mark Davis's only and true target. I don't like his "I made up my mind already" version...JDR, Gruden were all great choices right?

You know who was Dave Ziegler's college teammate? Josh "Spineless" McDaniels!

What is the latest rumor out there? The Raiders might look at McDaniels as HC...

The hole Jim Harbaugh circus was maybe just Harbaugh wanting a new, big contract from Michigan and Mark want to have some nice big dust to build his Patriots 2.0.

That Mayo HC interview might also be a DC interview while it is a Rooney rule interview too.

We already have DuJuan Daniels in our ranks in the front office, who is pretty familiar with all of those guys.

Champ Kelly has ties to Ziegler and McDaniels from their Broncos days...

This might be a big family reunion for them...

GM: Dave Ziegler

Director of College Scouting: DuJuan Daniels

Director of Pro Personnel: Champ Kelly

HC/OC: Josh McDaniels

DC: Jarod Mayo 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

GM: Dave Ziegler

Director of College Scouting: DuJuan Daniels

Director of Pro Personnel: Champ Kelly

HC/OC: Josh McDaniels

DC: Jarod Mayo 

Honestly... you could do a lot worse. This would easily be the best structure they've had in place in the front office. Easy to hate on McDaniels, but I can think of worse coaches and worse cultures to come from. I don't love it, but I trust McDaniels to build something more so than Rich Bisaccia. 

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Honestly... you could do a lot worse. This would easily be the best structure they've had in place in the front office. Easy to hate on McDaniels, but I can think of worse coaches and worse cultures to come from. I don't love it, but I trust McDaniels to build something more so than Rich Bisaccia. 

Worse cultures to come from? Titans literally only one that has been a success and that was with a coach who hadn't worked under BB as a coach. There is literally no evidence of what you are saying as being successful i.e NE GM and coach pairing. 

Detriot Lions all over again. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Sure, but really easily that thing can blow right into your face.

That JMD dude looks really over his head. I mean Gruden style...

How good that worked last time...

I can't really understand why Mark is into these aggressive "I know everything better then anyone" type dudes...

Also that Ziegler guy should be pretty similar to JMD if they are pals since college...

Why can't he just copy a successfull franchise like the Steelers or Packers or Ravens. Get a good GM, get him for long term and trully build a culture and let everyone do his/her job...

• Like 2

Had to laugh when I saw the article, gotta go through the process? Mark is playing his hand just fine. Especially compared to last time. Still think dodds and harbs are his guys and I’m stickin by that! He has 2 minority candidates interviewed now (and they’re quality guys) now he’s free to hire the gm he wants IMO. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Had to laugh when I saw the article, gotta go through the process? Mark is playing his hand just fine. Especially compared to last time. Still think dodds and harbs are his guys and I’m stickin by that! He has 2 minority candidates interviewed now (and they’re quality guys) now he’s free to hire the gm he wants IMO. 

GM- Dodds

HC- Harbaugh

OC-Pep??? Other options? I'm unfamiliar

DC-Fangio, Martindale, Mayo....? Others as well? 

If this goes down, I'd be ecstatic. 

• Like 2