NFC Divisional GDT: (4) Rams at (2) Buccaneers

NYRaider

Who you got?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Bucs
    • Rams

24 minutes ago, The-Beast said:

What did the Rams know what to do in that situation that the Cowboys didn't? Have a back judge that intended to interact with the football?

The Rams didn't attempt to spot and snap the ball on their own. The Cowboys tried to spot and snap the ball on their own. That's a severe lack of understanding in that particular situation. 

Don't try to spot the ball, hand it to the ref. Not that hard to understand. Hard to execute for the Cowboys, perhaps?

(I'm assuming you watched the Dallas game, right? Given your responses, I really don't think you understand what Dallas did wrong in that situation...)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Imagine running a QB draw with 14 seconds left and no timeouts. I love how Cowboys fans act like if it wasn't for that they were guarenteed to win that game.

This is going to replace Dezs no-catch as the go-to for Cowboys fans for many years

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The-Beast said:

Imagine not being thorough enough in your argument to know that you can google game winning drive to find countless spikes within that timeframe. Then imagine your only argument is actually a counterargument to your intention.

A run play means the officials get to follow the play as the next play is guaranteed to begin at the location of the ball.

Then the ad-hominem for the piece de resistance.

It was a dumb playcall. No sympathy at all. I've never seen a team run a QB draw in that situation.

• Like 4

I have smacked talked Stafford a lot over the past month and a half but dude played really good. McVay taking the ball out of his hands was ridiculous and almost cost them the game. I worry about McVay a lot. He has a lot of Gruden in him where he turtles and just plays it to safe to much. When you have that big of a match up you keep on going to it no matter what  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The-Beast said:

It should be noted that the officials were able to spot the ball in 7 seconds on the 40 yard pass. As the receiver pops up with the ball at 20 seconds. While they failed to spot the ball for Dallas in 14 seconds.

Your timings are off.

1. Dak play starts at 14, he slides at 8, ball is set at 1

2. Rams play starts at 27, he is tackled and up at 20, ball is set at 13

The 14 for Dallas is the time from start of play to ball set. 7 for Rams was end of play til ball set. Which is the same as what Dallas had without the Rams even obstructing the umpire.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The-Beast said:

It should be noted that the officials were able to spot the ball in 7 seconds on the 40 yard pass. As the receiver pops up with the ball at 20 seconds. While they failed to spot the ball for Dallas in 14 seconds.

The initial snap was at 14 seconds. The team has to do something called a play first before the refs get a chance to spot it again

Keep blaming the refs for this. Its a really good look.

• Like 3

Note for the truly clueless:

The ref near the QB has a job. Part of that is to make sure the QB is not brutalized.

When the QB is running with the ball his job is not to sprint after him. Its to watch him to see if he gets nailed on the slide or anything like that.

Stafford was not a moron so he gave the ball to a playmaker so that ref could run with the flow of the play.

I'm so conflicted because I truly feel like this was the Bills or Rams year to win the SB (and backed both with a SB prop).    I still think that - but OMG, Sean McVay's terrible game management was again on full display.   While Shanahan isn't any better, that's a real problem if they have to play KC or even CIN (although CIN's OL problems really makes it hard to back them any more - and I've backed them both weekends so far).   

I predicted LAR would win and bet on them - but said it would require LAR to have a big 7+ pt lead towards the end of the game, because McVay's game management would absolutely keep the Bucs in the game.  I had zero clue 24-3 wouldn't be enough.  And yes, Akers' 2 fumbles and Stafford's missed snap (his only real error IMO), it contributed - but I don't think ppl can underestimate how much of a disadvantage it will be the next 2 games (if LAR is lucky enough to make it to the SB).

The 4 pluses for LAR from this game, though, give me hope (just McVay is going to give me so much heartburn watching):

-Stafford is really playing his best ball.   With the monkey off his back, he really looks like he's freerolling.  His willingness to pepper OBJ, Higbee and Akers early in the game really shows he's figuring out the O post-Woods injury.   He'll need it vs. SF's pass rush.

-Noteboom had a great game.   Whitworth sounds like he'll be back, but that really helps them look to replace Whitworth should he go down, or in the future.

-OBJ is really settling in the O.   Kupp is obviously the alpha, but OBJ presents a major plus now.   He's made himself a TON of $ for next offseason and deservedly so.

-LAR likely gets Rapp, Whitworth and LB help with Ernest Jones, while SF's key guys Deebo / Kittle / Trent Williams were really hobbled in the last drive (think Williams has a HAS, which would be huge).  

SF is a terrible matchup for LAR, but just like TAM overcome their demons with NO last year, I think we'll see LAR do the same next week, especially if Williams is out.   Just hoping that McVay doesn't game manage his way into a L as much as he tried today (again).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'm so conflicted because I truly feel like this was the Bills or Rams year to win the SB (and backed both with a SB prop).    I still think that - but OMG, Sean McVay's terrible game management was again on full display.   While Shanahan isn't any better, that's a real problem if they have to play KC or even CIN (although CIN's OL problems really makes it hard to back them any more - and I've backed them both weekends so far).   

I predicted LAR would win and bet on them - but said it would require LAR to have a big 7+ pt lead towards the end of the game, because McVay's game management would absolutely keep the Bucs in the game.  I had zero clue 24-3 wouldn't be enough.  And yes, Akers' 2 fumbles and Stafford's missed snap (his only real error IMO), it contributed - but I don't think ppl can underestimate how much of a disadvantage it will be the next 2 games (if LAR is lucky enough to make it to the SB).

*27-3 lol

The snap wasn't Stafford's error. Allen snapped it when he wasn't looking. It was a mistake by Allen. I'll also note, though, that the last time we played Kansas City, McVay wasn't conservative. I don't know if playing against Mahomes prompted him to go against his nature, but he was pretty aggressive throughout that MNF game.

The 4 pluses for LAR from this game, though, give me hope (just McVay is going to give me so much heartburn watching):

-Stafford is really playing his best ball.   With the monkey off his back, he really looks like he's freerolling.  His willingness to pepper OBJ, Higbee and Akers early in the game really shows he's figuring out the O post-Woods injury.   He'll need it vs. SF's pass rush.

-Noteboom had a great game.   Whitworth sounds like he'll be back, but that really helps them look to replace Whitworth should he go down, or in the future.

-OBJ is really settling in the O.   Kupp is obviously the alpha, but OBJ presents a major plus now.   He's made himself a TON of $ for next offseason and deservedly so.

-LAR likely gets Rapp, Whitworth and LB help with Ernest Jones, while SF's key guys Deebo / Kittle / Trent Williams were really hobbled in the last drive (think Williams has a HAS, which would be huge).  

SF is a terrible matchup for LAR, but just like TAM overcome their demons with NO last year, I think we'll see LAR do the same next week, especially if Williams is out.   Just hoping that McVay doesn't game manage his way into a L as much as he tried today (again).

At this point, I would start Nick Scott over Rapp. Always felt Rapp was a poor fit as a split safety. We should use him as a third safety who plays a hybrid LB role when we want to go with the big nickel. Scott is far better playing the deep parts of the field. He has 4.43 speed and good ball-skills. Rapp is quicker than fast and is at his best playing M2M against TEs and HBs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

The Rams didn't attempt to spot and snap the ball on their own. The Cowboys tried to spot and snap the ball on their own. That's a severe lack of understanding in that particular situation. 

Don't try to spot the ball, hand it to the ref. Not that hard to understand. Hard to execute for the Cowboys, perhaps?

(I'm assuming you watched the Dallas game, right? Given your responses, I really don't think you understand what Dallas did wrong in that situation...)

And then Dak doubles down and says after that he did everything right and blames the refs.

Beautiful, cant script it any better than that

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'll also note, though, that the last time we played Kansas City, McVay wasn't conservative. I don't know if playing against Mahomes prompted him to go against his nature, but he was pretty aggressive throughout that MNF game.

At this point, I would start Nick Scott over Rapp. Always felt Rapp was a poor fit as a split safety. We should use him as a third safety who plays a hybrid LB role when we want to go with the big nickel. Scott is far better playing the deep parts of the field. He has 4.43 speed and good ball-skills. Rapp is quicker than fast and is at his best playing M2M against TEs and HBs. 

That's been eons though.   When you had the run game with Gurley and PA off that, McVay was feeling his oats.   He's been so damn conservative for the last 2+ seasons.  It's painful to watch, TBH.  SF has no business being in the playoffs, McVay taking the ball out of Stafford's hands at the end of the Week 18 game was just so predictable.

Believe me, I want to see McVay 2018.  I don't think he's coming back, though.  I'd love to be wrong there, it would be a massive upgrade to LAR's chances the next 2 games.

Re: Scott, I was very impressed with his coverage on Gronk today.   I wouldn't object, but much like with Ernest Jones & Noteboom/Whitworth, it's just far better to have the full roster depth.   At this point, everyone's kinda banged up, so having all hands on deck is such an advantage.  We saw what losing that OL depth did to Tampa & TB12 today.

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

Your timings are off.

1. Dak play starts at 14, he slides at 8, ball is set at 1

2. Rams play starts at 27, he is tackled and up at 20, ball is set at 13

The 14 for Dallas is the time from start of play to ball set. 7 for Rams was end of play til ball set. Which is the same as what Dallas had without the Rams even obstructing the umpire.

No where near the same at all