Did Kyler Murray just give the worst playoff performance in recent memory?

notthatbluestuff

His biggest moment on the biggest stage of his career so far and he laid the egg of all eggs. His body language was laughable throughout the game - and this isn’t a new problem for Kyler. 

Then there’s Kingsbury whose Cards team consistently flatlines down the stretch every year.

Is something rotten in the state of Arizona? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

His biggest moment on the biggest stage of his career so far and he laid the egg of all eggs. His body language was laughable throughout the game - and this isn’t a new problem for Kyler. 

Then there’s Kingsbury whose Cards team consistently flatlines down the stretch every year.

Is something rotten in the state of Arizona? 

That collegey offense doesn't catch teams off guard once they have 17 games of tape to study.

• Like 5

Just now, Forge said:

Accounting for position and player rep / standing / hype, etc I wouldn't have a problem with that statement. 

Yeah most people are comparing him to Jalen Hurts or Mac Jones or Brian Hoyer, and I think it's important to remember that this is a so-called "MVP Candidate" and generally regarded as a good QB. He's also in year 3. It was just embarrassing lol

Yeah, it was really bad.

One that rivals* it in my opinion is Jared Goff's Superbowl showing. 229 yards on 38 attempts (6.03ypa) with one INT and four sacks taken.

No TD scoring drives either, but at least he put Johnny Hekker in position to put up a cherry on top of what should be a HOF punter career (9 punts, 2 return yards).

If you factor in the importance of the game, the opponents the teams had to beat to get there and what they proved by doing so, the opportunity they had (and missed) facing probably the weakest Brady SB appearance we've seen, as well as the talent/weapons and general feeling about the team around him and the fact that Goff was coming off back-to-back Pro Bowls, I think Goff's showing was more disappointing. 

*Just X's and O's Kyler had a much worse game.

Edited by Dome