Did Kyler Murray just give the worst playoff performance in recent memory?

notthatbluestuff

21 minutes ago, Dome said:

Yeah, it was really bad.

One that rivals* it in my opinion is Jared Goff's Superbowl showing. 229 yards on 38 attempts (6.03ypa) with one INT and four sacks taken.

No TD scoring drives either, but at least he put Johnny Hekker in position to put up a cherry on top of what should be a HOF punter career (9 punts, 2 return yards).

If you factor in the importance of the game, the opponents the teams had to beat to get there and what they proved by doing so, the opportunity they had (and missed) facing probably the weakest Brady SB appearance we've seen, as well as the talent/weapons and general feeling about the team around him, I think Goff's showing was more disappointing. 

*Just X's and O's Kyler had a much worse game.

I still think that was the best defense BB ever coached. It showed rolling into the season afterwards.

That back 7 was playing at an absurd level.

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

I still think that was the best defense BB ever coached. It showed rolling into the season afterwards.

That back 7 was playing at an absurd level.

Definitely, which is why I said X's and O's included I'd put Murray's as worse... Goff was still facing a BB defense in a Super Bowl.

I'm essentially weighing the opportunity that was missed alongside the performance, Cardinals fans could've (probably should've) seen this coming, I think there was a much better sense of hope around that Rams team, and Goff totally fell flat.

• Like 1

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

He didn't even have the worst performance this weekend.

YOU KNOW WHO HE IS, FOLKS!

THE CURVY CREEP!
THE VOLUPTIOUS VIOLATOR!
THE STEEL CITY STALKER!
THE PITTSBURG PREDATOR!

THE ONE! (one!)
THE ONLY! (only!)
BIG! (big!)
BENNNNNNNNNNNNN!

ben-roethlisberger-big-ben.gif

But no I sadly think Kyler Murray's showing was much worse. But thank you for the alley-oop excuse to use the gif!

• Like 5

Not worst playoff performance in recent memory but yes to worst playoff performance in recent memories for a supposed to be good/great QB.

I think he's a good fantasy player and can at times have good games but I think I've seen enough of Kyler Murray to know that when he's forced to stand in the pocket and pocket pass, he just can't. He's fast as hell and he's fun to watch I just don't think he's a playoff or SB winning QB. His attitude also stinks.

Edited by The BILLievers