Did Kyler Murray just give the worst playoff performance in recent memory?

notthatbluestuff

I actually felt kinda bad for Kyler there… he legit looked scared as hell out there. When they had like a minute left at half time and just ran the clock out, it showed him looking at Donald amping the crowd up and the kid look just so defeated. 

I have never seen anything like it in all my years of football… I have seen saddened sure but this was absolute fear….

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Idk but I better see all the slander for Kyler this offseason that I saw for Lamar after his playoff loss

Lamar Jackson Thumbs Up GIF by Baltimore Ravens

Few differences though.

First, not many Cards fans here.

Second, Cardinal fans that I've seen on other sites seem a bit more realistic about Murray (i.e. on one of their sites there's a discussion about trading him because of how bad he played down the stretch this year).

There are some Ravens fans that still seem convinced that Lamar is a top 5 QB.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That collegey offense doesn't catch teams off guard once they have 17 games of tape to study.

Sounds like Murray isn't addicted to studying film like many of the greats were. If true- the kid needs to do a complete 180 on his approach to the game. You can't free flow your way through the NFL and expect to be a top tier QB. Teams are constantly evolving their game plans to slow good QBs down. He needs to put in the extra work to combat that.

• Like 2

My top ten worst QB postseason performance:

1. Craig Norton - Super Bowl XII

2. Kerry Collins - Super Bowl XXXV

3. Jake Delhomme - 2008 Divisional Round

4. Kyler Murray - 2021 Wild Card Round

5. Brian Hoyer - 2015 Wild Card Round

6. Ryan Lindley - 2014 Wild Card Round

7. Andy Dalton - All of them

8. John Elway - Super Bowl XXIV

9. Ben Roethlisberger - Super Bowl XL

10. Brett Favre - 2001 Divisional Round

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

There are some Ravens fans that still seem convinced that Lamar is a top 5 QB.

Yeah winning unanimous MVP will do that. Ravens were the #1 seed this year with Lamar and won 1 game without him and missed the playoffs, and that was in a year where Lamar really wasn't that good and had a trash defense! How many people throughout this season thought Kyler was a top 5 QB, especially early on in the year?

• Like 1

I’m generally averse to fans thinking they know more than franchises but based on Kliff’s track record and Murray’s tendencies it’s pretty obvious they should’ve traded a 5th for Nick Foles, gone 7-0 as they already had and then flipped to starting Foles at qb and handed the interim HC title to someone else. SB guaranteed. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

He shoulda stuck with baseball.

A's fan and tbh I'll forever hold it against him in the NFL for not playing for the A's. Could have made even more money because the A's let everyone go in FA or trade so he'd hit open market fast.